The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can hear fuel sloshing around in tank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27
    Wolf-

Can hear fuel sloshing around in tank.

Took delivery on a 2002 Galant this last monday.
    During the test drives, tank was full or near full.

Finally ran the tank down to around 1/2 tank today, and when I slow to a stop, I can actually hear the fuel sloshing around in the tank.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I could always put sound dampeners in the floor and trunk, but this doesn't seem to be normal. Can't say I'v ever had a car I could hear the fuel in.

Re: Can hear fuel sloshing around in tank.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolf-)</div><div class='quotemain'>Took delivery on a 2002 Galant this last monday.
    During the test drives, tank was full or near full.

Finally ran the tank down to around 1/2 tank today, and when I slow to a stop, I can actually hear the fuel sloshing around in the tank.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I could always put sound dampeners in the floor and trunk, but this doesn't seem to be normal. Â*Can't say I'v ever had a car I could hear the fuel in.</div>

youve not had a car that the laws of physics actually were obvious in?

of course you can hear fluid sloshing around in a container thats half full....
    seriously, are you actually concerned about something so trivial?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>seriously, are you actually concerned about something so trivial?</div>
    seriously, do you have to be such an asshole about it?

I've never heard fuel slosh in my buddy's galant, but it's probably no big deal. Just sound, is all. I don't really know what to tell you about the annoyance though, you may just have to deal with it. Maybe if you threw some dynamat around it or something, but I'm not sure.
    But, in the end, no big deal, just make sure that that slosh isn't keeping your fuel pump from picking up all the fuel, or you could detonate around turns...like the bad bad rx-7's.

Never heard my fuel slosh around...

Turn up the radio.. invest in some BOOM for the trunk..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Senior TGC Member
    Can't hear my fuel from inside, only when I'm standing outside pushing the car around.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I hear mine when the tank is full :?

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>seriously, are you actually concerned about something so trivial?</div>
    seriously, do you have to be such an asshole about it?

</div>
    yes. I tend to be that way when people make mountains out of molehills.

I dont see it being your place to tell me that, though.

i hear that all the time. that sound just means that ur not a bum n u got sum fuel in the tank.
    2001 silver GTZ
    stock and MD state inspected, ready to be sold, $9600

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>yes. Â*I tend to be that way when people make mountains out of molehills.

I dont see it being your place to tell me that, though.</div>
    I do see it as my place when someone asks an honest question and you're an ass about it. You were a newbie once, too. Not to mention I truly doubt you know more than anyone else on this site about cars. So I don't see it being your place to deify yourself and treat others as inferior.

And the mountains out of molehills comment? Why do you honestly give a fuck? If you're trying to sound tough and cool by replying to this thread with an ignorant ass response, it would be best if you just deleted your posts and tried to be tough elsewhere.

Anyway, back on topic. The fuel slosh shouldn't be such a big deal, but can you tell exactly where it's coming from? It may just be another sound you're mistaking the fuel tank for. I can't say I've ever heard of that problem before.
    :?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>yes. Â*I tend to be that way when people make mountains out of molehills.

I dont see it being your place to tell me that, though.</div>
    I do see it as my place when someone asks an honest question and you're an ass about it. You were a newbie once, too. Not to mention I truly doubt you know more than anyone else on this site about cars. So I don't see it being your place to deify yourself and treat others as inferior.

And the mountains out of molehills comment? Why do you honestly give a fuck? If you're trying to sound tough and cool by replying to this thread with an ignorant ass response, it would be best if you just deleted your posts and tried to be tough elsewhere.

Anyway, back on topic. The fuel slosh shouldn't be such a big deal, but can you tell exactly where it's coming from? It may just be another sound you're mistaking the fuel tank for. I can't say I've ever heard of that problem before.
    :?</div>

well, honestly, manybrews is God here

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

Faction
    well scootin, time to turn my back on you

manybrews is our resident mitsu tech..thats why he knows so much

Sammy_ES
    I hear fuel sloshing in my 2003 G, something I never heard in my 95 neon.

Wolf-

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>

seriously, are you actually concerned about something so trivial?</div>

Gee, a prick. Who would have guessed.
    No, I've never had a car that felt like the fuel tank had no baffles in it.

Trivial, not. The purpose of the baffles is to reduce the force of the fuel ramming against the front of the tank at a stop. If it was trivial, the goverment wouldn't require them.

But, hey, thanks for answering. At least you have one more post to add to your count whoring. Good job.

Wolf-

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Anyway, back on topic. The fuel slosh shouldn't be such a big deal, but can you tell exactly where it's coming from? It may just be another sound you're mistaking the fuel tank for. I can't say I've ever heard of that problem before. Â*
    :?</div>

Definately the fuel in the tank. I agree that it probably isn't a problem other than being very annoying.

Heck, if manybrews thinks the sound of sloshing fuel is attractive in a car, thats his problem. Add some squeaky brakes, a few worn pistons, and he won't have to buy a new stereo. It will sound like a stock civic.

Quote Originally Posted by Faction

ok, so he knows a lot. Then this has suddenly shifted from him being a simple prick to being an elitist prick who is better than a lot of people and knows it, and enjoys flaunting it. Either way, it's still ignorant of him to do something like that.

i hear only when its down to 1/4 of a tank, and i break hard. Also dont hear all the time b/c of music being played loud.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews

seriously, are you actually concerned about something so trivial?

Gee, a prick. Who would have guessed.
    No, I've never had a car that felt like the fuel tank had no baffles in it.

Trivial, not. The purpose of the baffles is to reduce the force of the fuel ramming against the front of the tank at a stop. If it was trivial, the goverment wouldn't require them.

But, hey, thanks for answering. At least you have one more post to add to your count whoring. Good job.
    actually, theyre there to prevent fuel starvation when loads are high.. but you obviously know that.
    You must also obviously know then that the baffles arent anything more than a small wall that doesnt even extend to the roof of the tank, so fuel can slosh around like it would in any container.
    why not ask something like "when I shut the door, it latches... is it suppost to do that?"

I love your assumption that I could give two shits about my post count has anything to do with why I post here, though.. that was a pretty good one.
    Sorry you dont like my post. But I doubt Ill lose much sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScootinIntegra
    Quote Originally Posted by Faction

ok, so he knows a lot. Then this has suddenly shifted from him being a simple prick to being an elitist prick who is better than a lot of people and knows it, and enjoys flaunting it. Either way, it's still ignorant of him to do something like that.
    Actually, if I knew nothing at all about cars, my response wouldnt be any different.. and it still wouldnt have been any of your concern. So whos the bigger prick, the one that makes a snotty comment, or the one that sticks his nose in business that isnt his concern?

Perhaps my wording was strong.. perhaps not. I dont think it was, nor do I really care if you do. But that doesnt change the facts that 1) it is a pretty silly question, and 2)you really dont need to stick your nose in it unless I was aiming something at you in the first place.

And here we go with another post that has turned into a flame war over who has the biggest dick. You girls just continue to amaze me with the drama that has taken over this once reputable site.

Scootin, you are way too much of a noob to go up against manybrew's experience with Mitsu products. Compared to him, you truly don't know shit. Secondly, you accusing ANYONE here of coming off like an asshole is like a pot calling a kettle black. All we have to do is check your early posts to see who the king of asshole responses is. And finally, you continue to perpetrate the flame war by continually responding. Be a man, let it go and move on. Fighting on the internet really doesn't make you a tough guy.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Wolf, I have heard it in my Galant, and numerous other cars like has been explained in the thread I don't think its that serious of a problem, annoying? Perhaps, but under extreme or even moderate (Depends upon driver consideration) things get tossed around, including your gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Scootin, you are way too much of a noob to go up against manybrew's experience with Mitsu products. Compared to him, you truly don't know shit. Secondly, you accusing ANYONE here of coming off like an asshole is like a pot calling a kettle black. All we have to do is check your early posts to see who the king of asshole responses is. And finally, you continue to perpetrate the flame war by continually responding. Be a man, let it go and move on. Fighting on the internet really doesn't make you a tough guy.
    Chip you are the man, i was thinking exactly that. But back to the topic....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast