The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO3 4G63 engine for sale at ebay.com.AU

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    marktheblake

EVO3 4G63 engine for sale at ebay.com.AU

Just noticed this one. Not often that we get anything significant on ebay@au for Galants. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...&category=43807

I must admit, thought about it for a second, cos its actually located within 1 hour of me, but the cost of a divorce is by far the overriding factor.

But out of curiosity, what would a ball park figure be for a conversion not including the cost of the engine? I have searched the forums before and couldnt get an exact handle on how much other gear has to be changed.

Rasko Da Gama

Re: EVO3 4G63 engine for sale at ebay.com.AU

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ebay.au)</div><div class='quotemain'>Engine has stripped timing belt which has caused light valve to piston contact, I would rather say all valves are bent and you can be surprised.</div>

I am very sceptical about this one :?

Stripped timing belt... bent valves etc... I don't know about this one. I wouldn't go into buyng it. And if you put together price for that engine and price for rebuilding it, and in the end the price for the divorce

Find another one buddy

marktheblake
    Nah, i aint buying it. Just a thoughtstarter anyway. I can get an EVO engine today from just down the road if i had the $3800 they are asking for it.

Just curious as to what the the remainder of the conversion might cost-i have no idea.

J apmetal
    Speaking for my 4WD, if you have the engine, etc, wiring loom & suitable ECU the actual fitting of the engine is straightforward - it literally fits straight into the hole !!

Having said that, apparently the VR4 had a considerably bigger rear differential than the GTi/GSX and apparently I'd also need to upgrade that to take the towering torque of a Turbo'd engine.

My personal aim when I take on this conversion is to get a whole, accident damaged Evolution so I can hopefully strip everything I want from one source rather than getting an engine from one place, wiring loom from another, etc, etc

I'd imagine your FWD conversion would be much the same, but you would need either a modified 4WD gearbox OR upgraded FWD gearbox to make the most of the extra power & torque without it giving up too quick !!

marktheblake
    Quote Originally Posted by J apmetal
    I'd imagine your FWD conversion would be much the same, but you would need either a modified 4WD gearbox OR upgraded FWD gearbox to make the most of the extra power & torque without it giving up too quick !!
    The engine that i could buy locally, is an entire front cut, so the gearbox is included in that. from Memory they are selling the EVO1 for $3800, and the DOHC Turbo for $3200. So i guess that when buying a front cut there is not much else needed except for labour I suppose. Any idea on how many labour hours that might be?

J apmetal
    Not a clue really, but my estimate is if I can get all the stuff I could do it in a weekend :?:

I think we charge about 8 hours for an engine swap at work [altho that's refitting an identical but un-fcuked engine back in again !!]