The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: High Idle

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    J Reezy

High Idle

don't know whats going on , If its been going this for a while or it just started and my dumbass havent noticed it. Whenever I turn my car on I get a high idling sound and it doesnt seem like its been doing it before maybe it was or just now it seems different because Ive been driving a different car. (Yes, I have been cheating on Galant) and just wanted to know whats up HOLLA!!

Senior TGC Member
    When does this happen? If this is occurring on cold starts, this is normal. If this is happening when your car is hot...I dunno. Maybe your throttle cable is too tight. On our cars it's really rare to have a high idle, most of the time we get complaints about low idles.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

what is it idleing at?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Funkdog
    Mine does the same now that it's colder?? Idles at like 1500, then after a few minutes back down around the 800 mark. Think it's normal.

J Reezy
    its like 2,100 and its not even that cold here yet

Senior TGC Member
    I think the 4 bangers start up at around 2k rpm, and the V6s are at 1200 rpm.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

J Reezy
    damn, I guess just never nnoticed my bad about the post!