The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Camber Kit for Eibach

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Camber Kit for Eibach

Hi All,

I am lowering my car with AGX + Eibach Pro-Kit. Even though I may not need camber correction kit, but I'll buy SPC Performance kit anyway.

Question for those who have SPC camber kit:
    For front the part number is 81280, but for rear there are 2 options:
    - drop up to 1.5" use 73600,
    - drop 1.5"-3.0" use 73620 (off course more expensive).
    Which one should I choose?

Thanks.

xSILENTx
    For a drop that small you shouldnt need a camber kit. I dropped mine 1.8"and the camber is fine.

Forget about the camber up front, you definitely won't need any correction there that an alignment shop can't do. Save yourself some money and stick with just a rear camber kit. The thing is, you more than likely won't even need one in the rear either with the small drop that the Eibachs give. A general rule of thumb is that for every inch you drop, the camber will be off -1 degree. So, even if your camber gets thrown off in the rear, it would only be up to -1 degree with the Eibachs. The thing is, -1 degree camber in the rear is still within Mitsubishi's specifications. But, if you are intent on getting a camber kit, all you will need is kit 73600 for the rear. I'm not sure how much you plan on paying for that rear kit, but I have an Ingalls rear camber kit that cost me $99 shipped.

Thanks, that helps.

Now, for my 2002 Galant V6, which Eibach Pro-Kit should I choose? Is it 6035.140 (for Eclipse) or 6028.140 (for Galant)? Will the one for Eclipse fit our car? The reason I am asking is because I am gonna buy it through Eclipse Group Buy.

Thanks.

The Eibach springs for the Eclipse will fit just fine, but they will most likely drop lower than they would for the Eclipse. As of right now, that is only in theory, but if it does drop more it won't be much of a difference.

Thanks DANJ.

If they are the same, why EIBACH use different part #?
    This is important to me 'cause the seller won't receive a return (because this is not specific for my application).

Anybody out there used Eibach for Eclipse (6035.140)?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium02
    This is important to me 'cause the seller won't receive a return (because this is not specific for my application).

Thanks.
    DanJ only said they fit. he didn't say that they were the same part. meanign there are differnt springs for the galant and the eclipse. physically they fit and they work but things like lets say the load/deflection characteristics and others are different

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium02

Thanks.
    DanJ only said they fit. he didn't say that they were the same part. meanign there are differnt springs for the galant and the eclipse. physically they fit and they work but things like lets say the load/deflection characteristics and others are different
    Right. The Eclipse springs fit the same but are different springs that provide a larger drop. The spring rates are different and are based on the weight of the vehicle.

Alright. I just did a search and found a member named Dram3000 who used the Eclipse Eibach Pro-kit on his I4 Galant. Click here and scroll down to see what Dram3000 wrote. Apparently he got a much larger drop than you would for the Eclipse, so you might want to stick with Galant specific springs.