The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Remove bumper driving lights cover?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    marktheblake

Remove bumper driving lights cover?

does anyone know how to remove the front lens cover from one of these lights?

I got it with an import JDM Vr4 bumper, and its full of crap and very dirty on the inside, even from a distance you can tell the difference with the other one which is in perfect condition. opening the back and shaking the hell out of it removed a few bits but need to go in from the other side.

there is two small steel clips either side of the light, removing them achieves nothing. have tried to prize it off with a screwdriver but have only a managed to break/crack a piece of lens or the body.

92mpi
    tried all those things too. there is some sort of a sealant inside. if you find a way to "dissolve" the sealant in between the lens and the casing, you should be able to open it.

for me, i just cleaned it the hard way, thru those small bulb openings.

marktheblake
    Thanks for that. I was thinking of just cleaning it up and putting it back on just for show.

Decided not to bother and just remove them and put some mesh in the holes for now. and would you beleive, the good light wont come off at all, the bolts just wont move, and the phillips head tips are sheared. cant even get a hacksaw in there to cut them for a flat head. :-(

Now you said you might have wanted my amber corners?
    I PM'd you but no answer. If you want them you need to hurry becuase my Bro-in-law is leaving for Manila on this Sunday. edit... 6th dec.