The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dynomax catback system

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 55
    stratusfied02

Dynomax catback system

Hi there, I am new to your boards and have come over from 2G Stratus with some very good news.
    We have been working with Dynomax since November of last year to develop a high quality catback for the 2G stratus coupes. Dynomax has a system available for the 3g Eclipse but it would take some minor modifications to make it fit our cars exactly so we went to them to build a system since Borla is the only company to offer a complete catback and it is very overpriced. Well dynomax has been working with us and what we've discovered is that not only will the system fit the Stratus & Sebring coupes it will also fit the Galants as a direct bolt on with no modifications.
    The system has gone through the R&D process as well as prototyping and extensive testing,all that remains is an actual production date. We were pushed back from the fall release due to a stronger demand for the new Accord,RX8,350Z,and the Tiburon GT. What we need to get this into production for a spring release is ANYONE interested in a high quality bolt-on catback to drop Dynomax an e-mail and let them know that you do want it. You can click here to get to the site
    www.dynomax.com
    Go to the "contact us "link and please write them a nice professional e-mail stating your interest in the "Stratus,Sebring,Galant Catback system.
    Since I know you will have some performance questions I do have some answers for you.
    1. What are the performance gains? : Testing of the system revealed between a 10-13 HP gain at the wheels. Not bad for an exhaust system.
    2. How does it sound? : Though i don't have a soundclip readily available I can tell you from personal experience (I have the 1st prototype) It has a nice deep medium tone, It is not "Ricey" sounding or sound like bees in a coffe can.
    3. How easy to install? : Took me 15 minutes to bolt the whole system up. It is perfect fit to the existing exhaust.
    4. How much? : though undetermined at this time of exact cost, the estimate given for the 1st groupbuy will be between $350- 375 complete. Thats about $225 less than the Borla and I assure you the quality is much better. Dynomax is part of Walker exhaust,the #1 manufacturer of exhaust in the world.
    5. Construction?: Made of stainless steel,mandrel bent,The tip & muffler are highly polished and look awesome.
    If there are any questions I may have missed I will answer them here.
    We really need your help to get this done. Last time we did an e-mail blitz only 16 people responded,thus why the system was put on the back burner. Like I said, it's done, just waiting for an actual production and release date but we need to show serious support for this.
    Thanks everyone in advance for your support and I will keep you posted.

Fast99ES
    Nice info man,thanx a lot! Quick question tho,what size piping is gonna be offered on this cat-back? I have a 99es 2.4 4cyl. so 2.5 piping would be nice because I plan on goin F/I by next year...

bam462
    got a dyno for that 10 to 13 whp if so im on board

mjc1055
    is the muffler going to be straight-through, or a canister?

Same system for the V6 and the I-4 I assume. I have the dynomax ultra flow muffler and I'm very pleased, but I also want to know the specs on the muffler associated with the proposed cat back system.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

question before i send out my email. to help this happen. should i say i want it for the galant, the sebring, and stratus, just asking because i kinda want this to happen but i don't want them pushing it back more cuz they got like 20 emails for the stratus, 10 for the sebring and like another 20 for the galant and then they say they wanted like 40 emails or something to see a demmand but didn't see it cuz we listed different cars.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Ronstopable321

Exhaust?

Now will any Exhaust for the Stratus/Sebring fit on a Galant?

stratusfied02
    Wow ,lots of great questions I will try to answer,but first an update,My contact at Dynomax called me today, Said the newest response was great,There have been over 18 e-mails sent today. Thats good,(not good enough,but good)Those e-mails have all been forwarded to Neil in marketing so we are on the right track. Now to answer some of those questions.
    They are aware that the system fits all 3 vehicles but it wouldn't hurt to remind them,so I would say when sending it list as the system for the Galant/Stratus/Sebring.
    yes the system will fit the 4 as well as the 6cyl.
    The piping on my prototype is 2.5" and it is a straight through type muffler,looks just like the stock one only highly polished and about 3" shorter,but more piping,and all the hangers are in the proper place, the one hanger we have at the rear of the muffler is now on the tailpipe but lines up perfectly with the rubber hanger on the underbody.
    As far as the dyno sheets go, I do not have copies of the actual Stratus system,but at dynomax's website they do have one posted for the 3g eclipse which is very similiar to our system,except thier intermediate pipe is 3.85" shorter and the eclipse muffler tailpipe is off center while ours is centered.
    There are also some sound clips of the different mufflers on thier site but they do not have the eclipse one or our prototype either yet.
    And to the member that has an ultraflowSS muffler,you have a very close preview of what we will have when its done. t is my understanding that the Ultraflow SS system is what we'll be getting though there is a possibility of it being the new DNX line.
    Lastly, I will try to get a picture of mine posted here soon so you can all have a visual of what it looks like.
    In the meantime keep those e-mails going. Thanks again.

Stratusfield, Thanks for the update.

If anybody was sitting on the fence about this, If the system includes the dynomax proflow muffler, you will be pleased with the sound and the performance. And for you guys in VA, the proflow looks just like a stock muffler, so no worries about visuals. It's deep and throaty, but more on the quiet side than most aftermarket mufflers.
    Chip

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Wow, could this be a company based in Michigan? If so, they need a tester I'm down.

Interested too

stratusfied02
    Hey everyone I sort of have an update on our progress,to date over 120 e-mails have been sent to Dynomax since this campaign has begun, they are now all beeing forwarded directly to marketing. This is great news,but we cant stop here,keep those mails coming the more we send the better our chances are of getting this done.
    For those that would like to see what the prototype looks like on a car,follow this link.
    http://www.misspentyouth.net/gallery/Dynomax
    Remember that this is just a prototype of the muffler assymbly only,I do not yet have the intermediate pipe,also the tip you will see is not what will come with the system,it came without one and I just used something I had in the garage for now, I believe the production tip will be a 3" round slant cut DNX tip. There is one on the way and once I get it on I will post pics so you can see that.
    I'll keep you all posted as information comes in,and thanks again for all the support you have shown.

BlankMan
    I'm interested if there's any updates to this? With the recent addition of my RIPP headers and SDS, I really need to loose the stock cat-back...

J

stratusfied02
    Hey all. I've got an update,and it's great news.
    I got a call from Dynomax and was told "due to the overwhelming responses we have seen concerning this product,we have decided to begin production for our spring catalog."
    WE ARE A GO!!!
    And I thank you all for the support. I must say I was very impressed with the turnout recieved from the Galant club. Great job people.
    Here's some of the critical info that I do have so I don't get hit with a lot of questions.
    As for a street release date,it will debut at the "Spring Break Nationals/Tuner Jam in Daytona Beach in march. I do not have the exact dates yet but I will post them when I do.
    Pricing is not yet been determined because production has not yet begun. Production will start in late January and it should be cataloged by mid February,Pricing should be released by then and as soon as I have it I will post that as well. I also know that there will be a debut "Group Buy" when it is released and I will give more info on that as I recieve it.
    Lastlyand most important, I do not have specific production numbers for the first run but it is my understanding that they will at least produce the amount of product that they have recieved e-mails for. basically we created a waiting list. I would strongly reccomend to anyone who seriously wants one of these right away to send them the e-mail anyway, it's basically insurance to make sure you get one on the first production run.
    hope that answers most of the questions. like I said I will keep posting info as I recieve it.
    And thanks again to all the club members who participated in this,you all helped make it happen and I've got much respect for you all.
    thanks again,
    Peace
    Stratusfied 02

Great news stratusphere. I'm all over this like white on rice and have been since your first email. Keep us posted on any developments, and thanks!!!
    Chip

BlankMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Great news stratusphere. I'm all over this like white on rice and have been since your first email. Keep us posted on any developments, and thanks!!!
    I second that - Great work. I'm 2nd in line when this goes on sale...

J

This sounds like a great product, but in the pics that were posted, it looks like an axle-back exhaust and not a cat-back.

Hey stratusfied02, any progress on this stuff?

oscar the boxer
    What about headers? I have been looking for a set of headers for some time now and have come up empty. Any tips are appreciated.

mjc1055
    Ripp Mods has headers for the v6 now, check those out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast