The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new engine swap??

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>NOW WERE TALKIN</span> Is this 6a the original VR4 engine 2500 cc twin turbo. and if so what the hell is it doing in a FTO. NYgalant, do you think the UK could get a hold of this engine, they have VR4's over there. I'm sure this engine is located elsewhere in the world where the shipping may be a little less. Also doesn't Australia get good stuff. I'm willing to save up for this one.

I saw on here by Mitsuman, the 4g63t with a Cyclone. Is there any advantage to having the Cyclone</span>

if you want a lot of info on the cyclone manifold, you can do a search on a lot of dsm sites, such as www.dsmtalk.com besically, it provides better bottom end power than the us spec 1g eclipse intake manifold. this is done with two sets of runners (8 in total), 4 of which remain shut during idle, and open at a preset boost, or at a certain rpm. there is a lot of debate whether this swap is worth it or not, but if done properly, it will provide gain in the bottom end with only minimal sacrifice up top (201 cfm vs. 204 cfm)

Gir
    Everyone who's suggesting that you get a twin turbo setup is really kinda silly here....think about this...you got two turbos, yes, but they are about as big around as a coke can. You can do that, OR you could get smart. Buy the 6a, put a HUGE turbo on one end, then put a relatively large nitrous setup to makeup the turbo lag and your set. The single larger turbo is a much better setup and will yield better gains in teh end. The goal of twin turbos is to eliminate the lag of the larger of the two turbos if there is one that is bigger, but the stock turbos (if you are planning on racing it) would need upgrading anyway. It only makes sense to get the one larger turbo and nitrous setup. It would be a less complicated install and would have virtually no lag. The first turbo would spool very fast as a result of the added nitrous boost and you'd be setup.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>Hey guys, i emailed Mitsupiet about this and asked him what was available to him. He lives in the Netherlands, he's sending me my JDM headlights.</span>Hello Lawrence,
    My car is a Galant GTI Diamond edition.
    It has a 2000CC v6 24 valve engine.
    It is the 6A12 one.
    I don't know about a 6A12TT engine,but i can get you a 6A13TT engine.
    I asked a while ago on the forum if anyone wanted that engine,but it is
    difficult to convince someone far away how good it is.
    It is not only the engine,but also the transmission,the computer,al the
    wires,and the front wheel suspension.
    I think i wanted $7000 for it,and the shipping was about $285 to New-York.
    But it can also be shipped to the nearest port.
    You then have to get it through customs yourself,and get it transported to
    your place.
    [/quote]

<span style='color:blue'>When he says " is it not only the engine" i believe he means its the engine for the VR4. Does any one know anything about customs </span>

Yeah, at customs, you'll want to have your drugs put in a baggie and shoved far up the ass crack

MitsuMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, at customs, you'll want to have your drugs put in a baggie and shoved far up the ass crack Â*</div>

HMMMM..........JES KNOWS ALITTLE TOO MUCH ABOUT THAT........ :shock: