The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wrecked Galant in Australia

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    HH GSR Owner

Wrecked Galant in Australia

Greetings,

I have always found it dificult in Queensland to get my hands on parts from wreckers for my import Galant. I needed a new passenger airvent and left hand brake light cover (in the boot).

Now as yet i don't know what model the galant is ( it is either a HH or HG galant and I don't know if it is SE or GSR or VR4. What I do know is that there is one at a wrecker in toowoomba ( about 2 hrs west of brisbane) who has something that had the parts I needed on it.

if anyone here is after the location and contact details of the wrecker ( and probably condition of the car) information i can get it for you.

Just not sure wether anyone will be interested. :?: :?: :?:

Hey Wrecked Galants might be common as south of the border. :?: :?:

Let me know if you want the info and I'll source the details for ya.

HH GSR OWNER.

marktheblake
    Yep, i want the details.
    Particularily i am after the rear bumper/valance section.

HH GSR Owner
    All right I'll get the phone numbers for the wrecker.......

HH GSR Owner
    I am still working on it Mark.....

It was POETS day last friday (Piss Off Early Tomorrows Saturday) and my local wrecker knocked off at 4PM ( after I finished work) then was going to ring me back this arvo but never did.... tomorrow I should have the details...

HH GSR OWNER

marktheblake
    thats cool.
    BTW I am coming to SC on the weekend of the 12th. Maroochy HS reunion. I will be hanging around Mchy and noosa, and getting a game of golf some wheren in between

HH GSR Owner
    10 year renuion ??

If so you got one year on me mine is in Cairns in 2004.

You bringing your G up ?? or will you be flying Cause if i see an SE with a VR4 nose I'll know who it is.

Now the details.....

It's in toowoomba but it's called....

Brisbane Auto Recyclers.

Thier phone number is....
    07 33908644

Anyone international had better add a 61 in front of that number. ( I HAVE NOT ASKED ABOUT INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AND THEY MAY NOT DO IT ).

It is a WHITE ( yay for Mark The Blake and Blue Draco). It is a TWIN CAM HG !!!! that should be a GSR.

It has front damage ( that caused the wrecking )..

I have not seen the car. Toowoomba is 2 hours from where I live.

I do not know what parts are missing or the condition of the rest.

All I do know is that it no longer has the Left Hand Side Brake cover ( from inside the boot) and the left hand air vent inside the dash.

Cause I got em.

I have often wondered if you can tell the make HG or HH by the colour of the wing on GSR models.

My HH has a coloured coded wing .... many GSR's I have seen simply have a Black wing.

So Blue Draco does your HG GSR have a black wing or a coloured one??

Hope this helps someone....

HH GSR Owner

this would have been up 2 days ago but the site has been down....

bluedraco
    apart from the black or colour coded wings, the difference between the HG and HH GSR is the spoiler shape...i believe it is a different type of spoiler...

mine is a HG and came black...however, i got my friend who is a panel beater/resprayer to colour code it and it looks great (unique too as this spoiler is the one that comes black, never colour coded)!

marktheblake
    Quote Originally Posted by HH GSR Owner
    10 year renuion ??....
    not quite. multiples of 10 maybe.

You bringing your G up ?? or will you be flying
    silly question - of course the G is flying, it only flies.....

Now the details.....
    too late for me... the rear valance was already sold.

i probably could have asked about the side mouldings or rear spoiler while on the phone but i forgot. anyway i should concentrate on fixing damaged bits on my car b4 going ahead with cosmetic enhancement.

thanks for the effort!

BTW there is a HG GSR at Just Mitsy's on the Gold Coast 07 5529 2577. the rear end was smashed in badly. When i looked at it - was pretty horrible anyway, and interior was trashed (by weather).

finally if looking for parts in OZ this was a good resource, the wreckers will contact you if they have the part
    http://www.findapart.com.au/main_page.asp
    http://www.apraa.com/

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HH GSR Owner)</div><div class='quotemain'>You bringing your G up ?? or will you be flying Â* Â* Cause if i see an SE with a VR4 nose I'll know who it is.</div>

BTW - i will have to drop in here for a look....

Dec 14 Combined Coastal car Club's, Show & Shine & swap, Johnston Park Cooroy, Ph Barry 07 5447 6987