The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "Door Open" light continually on....

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    jmg626chi

"Door Open" light continually on....

Yesterday, I noticed that my "door open" light (or whatever you call it) would not go off, and I checked all four doors and the trunk to see if they were closed. It won't go off! But the bigger problem is this: I'm going on vacation tomorrow and will be gone for a week, and I don't have the time or money right now to get it looked at. Should I just play it safe and disconnect the battery while I'm gone or is it not that big of a deal. I know some people's alarm system blinks when the car is off and it doesn't cause a problem, but if I'm gone, I don't want to come back to a dead battery!

Anyone have any ideas why this sensor light is malfunctioning? Thanks in advance.....Justin

GalantSpeed
    probably something stupid, pull the damn bulb out of the dash. their really easy to get to. or better yet, just disconnect the sensor at the door jam. cut the wires.....its just a light you dont really need it do you? but it could be a minor computer glitch that disconnecting your battery could fix. give it a shot see what happens.....

check all your door switches.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

jmg626chi
    I'm not really sure where the sensor is in the door...what exactly would I be looking for? Sorry, I really know very little about the intricacies of the Galant....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmg626chi)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not really sure where the sensor is in the door...what exactly would I be looking for? Â*Sorry, I really know very little about the intricacies of the Galant....</div>

just open the door. there should be a lil button that gets pushed in when you close the door.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

GalantSpeed
    face the door, open it, it will be at the bottom right side of the door(driver), looks like a little black button......

jmg626chi
    thanks, i was looking in the door jam for like an hour before it was right in front of my eyes.....I really appreciate everyone's help, I know I can always come here and get the answers I need, almost always the same day! Now, its off to Amsterdam for the 'Cup'....thanks again!

GalantSpeed
    no prob..that's what were all here for.....
    oh yeah and for the record......u suck.....Amsterdam.......

jmg626chi
    I'll smoke one for TGC...and post a pic when I get back