The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Would this intake work on my ride?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    GalantsArePoopy

Would this intake work on my ride?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=38634

its three pieces, like y'all said it should be

the air filter is like a front-mount or something. even if that wont fit in my galant, cant i replace that with a k&n standard cone filter, and be all ready to go?

if i got this, and fit it in, and got a MAS adaptor, will i now pass inspection?

will i need mini air breathers or anything like that?

thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i'm pretty sure this wont work. try to put the peices together in your head with your engine. it just wont work, with the tranny being in the way for some of these pipes. these "front mount" intakes are very specific to each car. not to mention, i'm not sure how effecient they are, considering thats a lot of tubing for the air to travel for a N/A car. and NO, it wont pass smog inspection, very few things do for intakes.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i can see it working. just cut the pipe and you can make a conventional CAI. but yea, you're still gonna need to buy a cone filter. you can't use that front mounted filter unless you bought more piping.

will you need the mini breathers? no. which brings up another thing. dependong on how you cut the pipe you might need to add a nipple onto the pipe to connect your lil ventilation hose to the upper intake pipe. and the way things are looking, the pipe with the original nipple will look like its going to be your new lower intake pipe. so yea, either put a breather filter there or you can buy a cap for that nipple. you can get like a big pack of covers for like a dollar.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

that is the one u supposed to get, that wil work

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnzfinestplaya
    that is the one u supposed to get, that wil work
    Nah man, that isn't the one I used. That one there is built for a front mount filter.... way too much piping in that kit.

You could hack the crap out of it and make it work, not worth $80 to do that IMO
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>