The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 00 Galant won't start - clicking from fuse box

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    ryall

00 Galant won't start - clicking from fuse box

my 00 galant es would not start..when I popped the hood i heard a clicking noise coming from the fuse box, and I located what I think is a relay. part#MR122409. when I removed the relay, the clicking noise stopped, and I was able to jumpstart the car. but the car will not start without a jump.

I am not sure if it is a fuse, the relay I pulled, the battery, or something else. the mitsu dealership is a last resort. it doesnt seem that the relay I pulled had any negative effects on car. all lights worked, bells, radio (asked for code) too.

any help would be appreciated!

jcr

ragingduck
    ...electrical problems are a pain in the ass... I would try replacing that relay yourself first. It could have drained the battery too.

i say you check the battery. you said the car wouldn't start on its own but would with a jump start.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

horace_the_evil_appendix
    ditto check the battery, i had the exact same problem it seems to be fairly common with the g's batteries

Yeah, my battery died few months ago. Replaced it and all is good

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(horace_the_evil_appendix)</div><div class='quotemain'>ditto check the battery, i had the exact same problem it seems to be fairly common with the g's batteries</div>

It's definitely the battery. I've just replaced mine about three months ago. It died while I was out shopping! Sucks!!