The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: spots on my mirrors

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

spots on my mirrors

evrytime time i wash my car then it rains, spots show up on my mirrors and my door handles. it looks like water spot but i try to rub it off and it stays. i tried waxing and the spots still show up. does this happen to anyone else? and does anyone have a solution for this, it makes my car look like crap
    2001 silver GTZ
    stock and MD state inspected, ready to be sold, $9600

hikix
    apparently its something that happens with all 8g's.... mitsu didnt paint the plastic on the mirrors and doorhandles the right way and theres nothng we can really do about it.. i went to the dealership and some kid was pissed as all hell about this and i never even noticed it until he sed something

hikix
    apparently its something that happens with all 8g's.... mitsu didnt paint the plastic on the mirrors and doorhandles the right way and theres nothng we can really do about it.. i went to the dealership and some kid was pissed as all hell about this and i never even noticed it until he sed something

Elwenil
    Best thing I've found is to dry your G immediately after washing it. Keep everything waxed, and if you still have spots, try some spray detailer. I use the Zymol detailer and Super Glaze wax, and have little or no spots. Just my .02

if you think its jsut s stubborn water spot, try some white vinegar. that should take it off. on the glass, and glass mirror you might also want to try some 0000 grade steel wool too. on the paint, well yea it could jsut be a stubborn water spot or bad paintign my mitsubishi. but yea nonetheless, try the white vinegar.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Gilhuly
    This was a significant issue a while ago on the board. Someone had found that a hair dryer/heat gun(be careful!) was the fix to prevent the spots from coming back. I've never tried it and I do have this predictably on the door handles.

JSTATL
    Well mine was doing the same thing and I took it back to the dealer. I raised hell and they repainted the mirrors and door handles under warranty. You know all painted parts are under warranty for 32,000 miles.

Take your G's back to the dealer because it is a defect. The guy at the mitsubishi dealer told me that they did apply the clear coats correctly and the spots you see are actually the clear coats bubbling up. Over time they are just gonna get worse and start to peal.

GET YOUR SHIT FIXED FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :evil: :!:

damn, i jus hit 33K on my G. oh well, jus another reason to get the m3 mirrrors.
    2001 silver GTZ
    stock and MD state inspected, ready to be sold, $9600

Faction
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoregtz
    damn, i jus hit 33K on my G. oh well, jus another reason to get the m3 mirrrors.

i want carbon fiber mirrors

BabyPHATGalant

what do i do

I got spots on my door handles, they weren't there when i first go my G they just should up recently like 3-4 weeks ago... and my car i got wit 33g miles from the dealer- What should i do to it... Each one of you say sumin different, What should i do?

NyGalant2000
    I have the spots also and brought it to the dealer and the guy told me we are washing our cars wrong. Then when I looked next to mine in the dealer lot they had one with the exact same thing..he basically told me he can't do anything since my warranty is up. To paint everything it is going to cost about $500-700 since the doors have to be taken apart to get the handles off and its a lot of work. For $700 I am going to live with the spots.