The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel Filter need

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    jayhood26

Fuel Filter need

Just wanted to get some suggestions on a new fuel filter and some fuel injectors. I am running everything below what i am sayin. Pls advise nicely thank u

Faction
    from what i know, the fuel filter does not need to be replaced?

um. STOCK INJECTORS what ever fuel filter u can find (except fram!!)
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

GalantSpeed
    If you want to keep up your regular maintenence on your car, you should change your fuel filter roughly anywhere from 20-30K miles. i do mine every 20K. I always us a BOSCH fuel filter, never had any issues with them.

If you want new injectors try upgrading to eith RC Engineering or Venom, or if you want find a Turbo'd Eclipse/Talon in a junk yard, get the injectors cleaned and have at it. You don't want to get too big injectors with out either replacing your fuel pump to a WALBRO (or equivalent) or rewiring it.

redboy
    ya if u take car of your car as far as what kind of gas u put, like i always put midgrade at least fuel in my G, and if u put like the cheap gas alot like from some convenience stores, i would. its not really that expensive to replace or that hard to put in, so if your car has a lot of miles on it or didnt put the right gas in it, then i would.....

Experienced TGC Member
    HA its not hard to put in ....

Good luck getting the bottom fitting off. I almost broke my hand geting the top bolt off, and then it took like 2hrs and a lot of cursing to remove the bottom nut. Get a good set of vicegrips for the bottom.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

GalantSpeed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>HA its not hard to put in ....

Good luck getting the bottom fitting off. Â*I almost broke my hand geting the top bolt off, and then it took like 2hrs and a lot of cursing to remove the bottom nut. Â*Get a good set of vicegrips for the bottom.</div>

ditto

redboy
    ya i feel ya on that, i was goin to say that but i didnt want to be a noob for having so much trouble...