The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G, Eibach Pro, 17" rims - do i need camber kit?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    gss95

7G, Eibach Pro, 17" rims - do i need camber kit?

Suspension gurus, I could use some advice.
    I've been reading some threads and it seems the answers are conflicting. I've got a 1995 2.0L 7G, and recently purchased a set of Eibach Pro-kit springs. I've currently got on 17" rims with a 40 offset with 215/45/17 tires. I plan to use my stock shocks with the Eibachs - at least for a while - as they are still pretty new. A couple of questions:

Should I be worried about scraping of tires on the fender?
    Do I need camber alignment kits? Front and rear, or just rear, or not at all?

If I do need camber alignment kits, i'll still have to save up for them so I won't install the Eibachs just yet.

Thanks for helping out a suspension novice.

Experienced TGC Member
    Easy answer is no.

Now the reason I think your research is conflicting is because realistically it is a good idea to correct camber back to 0 but not a necessity. The Eibach will not affect your camber enough to really justify a camber kit (camber is only affected by a fraction). There is some, so you could see some inside tire wear after a while, rotating your tires at good intervals should help this greatly. I highly doubt that the Pro Kit will drop your car enough to worry about rubbing, unless you're carrying some serious weight in the car.

BTW, your 7g is a 2.4L
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

gss95
    Thanks 2True! Just what I wanted to hear. I will take your advice and rotate tires regularly. Maybe every 6,000 or 7,000 miles or so?

And oh yeah, I live in the Philippines. My 7G is a 2.0L, 16V. It's a disgrace! :oops:

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gss95
    And oh yeah, I live in the Philippines. My 7G is a 2.0L, 16V. It's a disgrace! :oops:
    I had no idea you were in the PI dude, so is that engine code 4g63??
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

gss95
    Right. 4G63 16v SOHC. I do plan to do an engine swap in the future. Maybe a 4G63 DOHC, or even a 6A12. Someday.

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gss95)</div><div class='quotemain'>Right. Â*4G63 16v SOHC. Â*I do plan to do an engine swap in the future. Â*Maybe a 4G63 DOHC, or even a 6A12. Â*Someday. Â* </div>

SOHC....WTF?!?!?!?!? Damn dude I thought us U.S. 7ger's got shafted. Damn!

gss95
    Well you know what they say about grass being greener in the other side. There's always someone worse off.

Just waiting on my bonus and engine swap here i come! Still deciding between a 4G63T or a 6A12T.