The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What do you think about this engine swap website? 4g63

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    HiperSilver
    your wasting your time, thats a JDM 4g63t, wit cyclone, youll eithe rhave to find a way for it to be compatable or do some modding to that engine, just find a regular 4g63t motor

The picture above is the Cyclone engine. That (if I am not mistaken) is a fwd tranny that goes with it. I asked bout this engine before. I was told that the 4g63t would be a better swap for us due to some unforseen difficulties regaurding mounting, intake and exhaust manifolds, and ecu stuff. If it turns out not to be too much trouble, I still want that damn engine. I found one in Hackensack NJ for 2200 with only 18k miles on it!!! I wish I ad the money then. Oh yeah that cylone is a turbo engine with a stock output of 220hp! (just thought I would share for those who didnt know!)

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiperSilver)</div><div class='quotemain'>your wasting your time, thats a JDM 4g63t, wit cyclone, youll eithe rhave to find a way for it to be compatable or do some modding Â*to that engine, just find a regular 4g63t motor</div>

U can get a regular JDM 4g63t and that will fit 123

Dark Anghell
    I belive that Craig was telling me that if you have a 96 galant, there is no need to do new wiring harness because it is so similar to the eclipse/talon, is that true for the 94 galants? Also I know that some eclipses have their engine reversed (tranny on the driver's side). What are the years for those eclipses?

the 3g eclipse is reversed, the 2g eclipse has the same as the galant, not sure about the 2g with the 420A engine tho, as for the 94 g, i think the harness is different than the 96

I have a question too. Two of my friends have 98 eclipse GS's, one convertable and one is regular. The regular has the 2.0l 4g63, and the convertable has the 2.4l 4g64. Can anyone tell me why?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kimya
    I have a question too. Two of my friends have 98 eclipse GS's, one convertable and one is regular. The regular has the 2.0l 4g63, and the convertable has the 2.4l 4g64. Can anyone tell me why?
    the GS spyder either came with the 4g64 or with the 4g63T. So im guesing he got the N/A Version

The GS hard top came with 4g63 Turbo or Not Turbo...

I guess they wanted teh 1 extra hp that the 4g64 put out for the extra weightr of the spyder hahahha

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

if your buddies both have Gs's and one is a spyder, and one's a coupe

the coupe has a neon engine..no matter what he/she tells you.. it's a neon.

if you ask *ANY* of the 2gnt guys.. they're gunan tell you it was the best thing mitsu Could have Done... putting a economy sedan motor in a "sports Coupe" its a 420a..blech.

now... the 4g64 was put int he spyder for a couple reasons.

1: it's a little more powerful than The 420a @ lower RPM's
    2: it's quieter.
    3: less maintenance
    4: works Well with auto trannies

ya see... the spyder weighs about the same as a GSX. and the neon doesn't make Enough torque in low RPM to get the spyder moving.

soooo you have a low-revving quiet motor where it needs To be.

and there was no Way in *HELL* mitsu would put a cryco motor in their "prettiest" car in the line.
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

redinak
    I cannot even get to the site!!!!!

I get the you are not authorized to view page error!!

Is everybody else able to get to it???

Experienced TGC Member
    The link must be down, it was workin' last week.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>