The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My girlfriend owns a Mitsubishi now too! YES!!! :)

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Rasko Da Gama

My girlfriend owns a Mitsubishi now too! YES!!! :)

Hey fellas, after a long search I finaly found a decent car for my girlfriend. Since Mitsubishis are really rare here it was hard to find it. We looked at Honda, Hyunday and Mitsubishy ofcourse

Well - here it is. She bought it today. It is a 1998 Mitsubishi COLT 1.3 12Valve 75bHP. (I belive it is a Mirage in USDM).
    - 98.000 km (about 60.000 miles)
    - all belts have just been changed, filters, oil etc...
    - 2 x airbag
    - power steering wheel
    - power dorr locks
    - and nice peace of interior - wood inside

She will drive it mostly to work and back home...
    Here it is... What do you fellas think?

J apmetal
    Looks goodI wouldnt choose that colour, but if they're hard to find then you cant be choosy !

Those are my favourite shape Colts, anyway

SexyGalant2000
    Its little, but cute

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Wow, those gen Colts rock! I wish they made them here.

They should have put the 4g31t in that gen colt. That would have been sweet :shock:
    7g for life!

Rasko Da Gama
    Anyway - it's mostly a "girl car" so the colour is right, and if it had 4G13T she wouldn't go for it
    But maybe I would - for a second car... hahaha

marktheblake

Re: My girlfriend owns a Mitsubishi now too! YES!!! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'> Hey fellas, after a long search </div>

yeah, noticed you had been gone for a while, thought you had got your tongue stuck in those new gauges.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> It is a 1998 Mitsubishi COLT 1.3 12Valve 75bHP. (I belive it is a Mirage in USDM).</div>

Mirage in Australia too. from the front seat forward its an Identical car to the Lancer. Beleive it or not this exact same car is still sold as New car even today. Its been a pretty good seller. Recently when i was car shopping this one had a lot of good recommendations as one of the best buys in the low end market.

But WOH! 1.3L thats small, ours are 1.5 (everything in australia is bigger naturally) but ours is a very basic car inside, none of that poncy luxury stuff for us, like airbags and wood. :-)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>She will drive it Â*mostly to work and back home...
    Here it is... What do you fellas think? Â*:D Â* </div>

mate anything to keep the woman (and kids if that applies) out of the Galant is a great buy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyway - it's mostly a "girl car" Â* Â*</div>

girl car, but its a 5speed hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Qnzfinestplaya)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    girl car, but its a 5speed hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm</div>

5 speeds are the most common transmissions you'll find here in Europe.
    Especially chicks hate the automatics, since all the driving schools have manuals.... I guess the chicks that feel driving an automatic is a problem just have trouble adapting.

Automatics have only been popular here for the past few years.
    My dad bought a Maxima a few months ago, and since it's automatic my mom won't drive it - no way.

Personally I like the auto tranny of the Maxima when I go for longer drives, like 1+ hour. But our Maxima is only a 2.0 liter V6. Wish we had the 3.0... :cry:

Jan Kenneth
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

Oh, I forgot to mention one "small" issue...
    (You USDM guys are gonna wanna <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>KILL</span> me for this!)

I can go to my Mitsu dealer right now and and buy a brand new <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>8G WITH A 5-speed STICKSHIFT! </span>

And it's even $1000-$1500 cheaper than an automatic. Ahum...
    OK, I'm having my mail scanned for letter bombs after writing that

Jan Kenneth
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

Rasko Da Gama
    :jester:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pro_sniper)</div><div class='quotemain'>5 speeds are the most common transmissions you'll find here in Europe.</div>True, automatics are also pretty rare here in the Netherlands.
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pro_sniper)</div><div class='quotemain'>5 speeds are the most common transmissions you'll find here in Europe.</div>True, automatics are also pretty rare here in the Netherlands.</div>

thats the way it should be everywhere

im so sick of auto

Hello Rasko !

Very nice, a color that sticks out to, beeing noticed

I want to have auto gearbox, but im stuck with the manual gearbox.
    To expencive to convert, but never know what i'll do, when i get started with my project
    1992. Galant Glsi E33A

Rasko Da Gama
    Quote Originally Posted by kjeag
    Hello Rasko !

Very nice, a color that sticks out to, beeing noticed

I want to have auto gearbox, but im stuck with the manual gearbox.
    To expencive to convert, but never know what i'll do, when i get started with my project
    Hey buddy

Don't go for auto tranny... no way duse Especially not in your Galant project. Loss of power, big expences for swap etc... dont do it to your baby