The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G automatic tranny question?????????????

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

7G automatic tranny question?????????????

i have a 95 G automatic and the tranny of course sucks.........i want to pull up to a car and rev it so u can hear the exhaust so from drive i put it in neutral and rev, then back to drive and it feels like the tranny is gonna just fall apart. also im used to reversing then quickly putting it in park.......NOT in a galant though, the car like stalls. any tricks on the 7g tranny for a smooth ride??????

also can i drive on the 2 instead of D?????? because to me it seems as though the 2 has more of a pull on it. any one ever try that?????????????

dont do nuetral drops, and your trans will work correctly.

and leave it in drive. running around in second gear is pretty silly.

Import_Beast
    i heard of people driving in 2 till about 50 and then they throw it into D, is this hamfull to the tranny?

Kain
    The 7th generation Galant is not blessed with a very robust automatic transmission. It breaks overly easily, and should be taken care of unless you just like replacing them. The transmission is called an automatic for a reason...let it do its thing. You can hold it in lower gears, but you can also easily over rev the engine doing that. And again, the galant's transmission isn't robust enough to handle the shock anyway. Keeping the fluid fresh will help some of the lag in selector position changes, but otherwise, an upgraded automatic or manual is probably the better choice for those wishing more controll over foreward motion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Import_Beast)</div><div class='quotemain'>i heard of people driving in 2 till about 50 and then they throw it into D, is this hamfull to the tranny?</div>
    its pure stupidity.

if your not driving agressively enough for the trans to be in 2nd gear automatically, then all youre doing is wasting gas.

if you ARE driving agressively enough, the trans will either stay in 2nd until redline, or downshift to it if possible.

leave the car in drive and just drive.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    yeah, its an automatic transmission, always leave it in gear or be prepared for another blessing from the mitsubishi automatic transmission shop, and their blessings come in the form of $2300 overhauls. if u think u can handle a manual do a 5spd swap and have 100% control of the car.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

BlackBeauty
    I have the same problem to the point it used to be better to drive it in 2nd....but since the tranny computer died recently, driving it in D is the best and only option now. But since the last overhaul on the tranny, the gear changes are very, very hard - is this normal? Should I get this changed? I mean, so hard, that the entire car lurches forward when it changes up (and sometimes down).