The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: COLD AIR INTAKE ON 02 ES

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

COLD AIR INTAKE ON 02 ES

I read a post someone posted and I ordered the CAI for the 02 eclipse I4 (I also have the I4) and I read that they had to bend theirs to fit. Is this in all cases or just his, b/c i prefer not to have to bend mine. He mentioned that is might melt the filter. PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS I GET THE CAI TOMMOROW AND NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I INSTALL!!!
    THANKS IN ADVANCE

What brand did you get? There were only certain brand that there were problems with the tube rubbing agains the battery tie down, but that was only the case with the AEM and I think they have since fixed that problem.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>What brand did you get? Â*There were only certain brand that there were problems with the tube rubbing agains the battery tie down, but that was only the case with the AEM and I think they have since fixed that problem.</div>

no it was INJEN gen 1 CAI (i had it and it rubbed) and the WEAPON-R short ram that had the battery rubbing issues. the AEM has always been a good design, so good that the INJEN RD is almost a complete copy of the AEM CAS.

the hole from the rubbing.

AEM has much better clearance... INJEN RD routes exactly the same w/ soft elbow to the throttle body.

Well REELAX you were exactly right and it fits PERFECT I love that thing. I had absolutly no problem with it and thanks for your input.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well REELAX you were exactly right and it fits PERFECT I love that thing. I had absolutly no problem with it and thanks for your input.</div>

glad i could help.