The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: t25 ball bearing v6 galant

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    galant20022002

t25 ball bearing v6 galant

i've just bought a t25 ball bearing bolt on kit but do not know how to tune it yet can any one help?

8ggalant

Re: t25 ball bearing v6 galant

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant20022002)</div><div class='quotemain'>i've just bought a t25 ball bearing bolt on kit but do not know how to tune it yet can any one help?</div>

my my my....so let me get this str8..u bought the kit be4 u researched...what do u need as far as tuning...im not sure what yer asking....what comes with the kit?? and what kinda power are u expecting from this turbo cuz if u didnt kno...4cyl eclipse guys toss this thing soon as they can afford an upgrade and u have 2 cyls plus a liter of displacement more than them....pls give us more info

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    It shouldnt be too bad for a low boost application. 2 eclipse guys already have "factory built" turbo motors so they can afford to get a larger turbo and up the boost, but on a factory N/A car, a T25 is fine. It will spool quick and there wont be any "lag" because the car is gonna feel the same as it did before cuz it has stock pistons. Your gonna need some kinda boost controller and an air fuel controller if you dont have one already. In the future when you build up the motor, then you can sport a bigger turbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>It shouldnt be too bad for a low boost application. 2 eclipse guys already have "factory built" turbo motors so they can afford to get a larger turbo and up the boost, but on a factory N/A car, a T25 is fine. It will spool quick and there wont be any "lag" because the car is gonna feel the same as it did before cuz it has stock pistons. Your gonna need some kinda boost controller and an air fuel controller if you dont have one already. In the future when you build up the motor, then you can sport a bigger turbo.</div>

with the amount of power he's gonna get he coulda just got a dry nitrous kit and spent about 1/3rd of what he payed....i understand that the 2.0 eclipse has a motor built for turbo (someone told me it has forged internals...but hey ill just leave my opinions to myself....pls research be4 u buy sumthing this expensive or better yet this involved (motor and money wise)

galant20022002

galant v6 turbo

good and bad news guys, the so call bolt on kit it's not bolt on the exhaust, this kit does not come with o2 bungs. it didn't come with air filter cone, and adapter that is most important. and this kit is is bolt on in the rear fire wall and there isn't any room to work with at all. but it did come with FMU, two fuel injectors w/controller that show boost pressure and rpm. i am suppose to boost up to 10 lbs and i am suppose to increase horse power by 40%. the compressor side of the turbo is nearly touching the wall and the tube keeps popping out when boosting it. it seems like this kit is for a different car or perhaps for a different year. by the way, the kit is from TSI Extreme. which is www.prostreetonline.com or www.needboost.com just check them out.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    My 2cents dont buy anthing if you cant figure out how to tune it. And why would you buy a T25 "bolt on turbo" anyway? The best way of tunning that would be with a wideband and AFC, pretty much 2hrs minimum, and you really arent gonna need a ton of power.. How much did you bay for that thing?
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

galant20022002

REAR MAIN SEAL OIL LEAK

allright people, turbo kit is finally in but i still cant tune it yet because when i brought the oil pan down to tap the hole for the oil return line i broke a bolt that holds the rear main seal in so my baby is leaking oil now but before it started leaking i did get to boost it up to 3 pounds. AND BOY WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!!!!!!!!! tuning it shouldnt be to hard because the two extra fuel inj. that came with the kit have a fuel inj. controler that acts both as a boost gage and everything else i need all i really need is gages to see if iam runing rich or lean therefore i dont need to program my ecu unless i wanna mess with my speed governor. the rev limiter i can adjust with the fuel inj. controler. ill keep you posted after i take this baby to the dyno!!!!!!!!!!
    This is my first turbo project but tuning it to me shouldnt be hard i just wanted some suggestions since iam doing the turbo on this car myself if any body has any ideas or cautions i should take please let me know

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    get a datalogger! It will make tuning a lot easier. You are able to control the fuel curve with this "fuel inj. controller"? What is the controller you speak of? Yes you need a A/f or EGT gauge. How bout fuel pump? If your still running stock, Id suggest you rewire it or go with a Walbro 190 or Supra TT pump. Anywho, glad to see the install went somewhat smoothly. Get the oilpan fixed and get that bad boy on a dyno!!!!!
    7g for life!

galant20022002
    the fuel inj controller is an all in one unit. it let me control the fuel curv,and also tell me how much boost i'm running,also it let me set my rev limit. as for the feul pump i was thinking of an up grade from the eclips but not sur which one, :?: any suggestion

Faction
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant20022002)</div><div class='quotemain'>the fuel inj controller is an all in one unit. it let me control the fuel curv,and also tell me how much boost i'm running,also it let me set my rev limit. as for the feul pump i was thinking of an up grade from the eclips but not sur which one, :?: Â*any suggestion</div>

who made it? apexi?

8ggalant
    do u have pics of the install/setup...im wondering and yes who makes yer fuel/boost management controller??