The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1994/1995 -Galant ES Auto - Engine Mounts Questions

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

1994/1995 -Galant ES Auto - Engine Mounts Questions

Hi:

Iam looking for the engine mount that sits on the member that runs from the underside of the radiator to the passenger side. I am looking in certain web places and all they seem to have are the rear and left and right ones. I saw in one place that they have the front from a 5 speed. Will this fit it looks similar except that it does not have the weight on the top.

By the way anyone knows why they have this extra weight on top of the front and driver side mounts.

any mitsu numbers will be apreciated.

Thanks

Experienced TGC Member
    what weight?
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I got the engine mount you need. still new. also the little weight that sits on the left side engine mount doesnt really have any significant use( I think anyway). Mine broke off the 1st G i had and my mechanic said its nothing, Its like the little balance weight that comes on some axels.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

galantin
    the weight is a vibration damper, for when the car is in reverse and the torque of the motor is held by this mount. i cut mine off to make room for my wastegate actuator and i felt a slight vibration when i put the car in reverse. i have a manual now so that is long gone.

Hi:

I finally found it.

Sorry for the delay in posting, but I havent been able to connect to this site in a couple of days.

OK the mitsubishi part number for this is MR297707 Engine roll stopper. I think is the same one for the manual as for the a/t. This new part does not have the dampener on top and the old one is soldered to the body of the original one. The dealer took like 4 days to find the right part because the use to send him the front mount (in this 95 is the one that sits between the timing belt cover and the wheel wall).

Well this is a big diference.