The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: jack points

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

jack points

what i really need is a jack point on the front of the car so that i can get jackstands on both sides of the car at once. i need this in order to prevent extreme angles n such that occur when i jack from one side at a time. and with the car being lower it would make a lot less work getting the jack under the front sumwhere. so is there a safe spot to lift from in the front. i have '02 es i4 if that makes a diffrence.
    -Travis

My Car

Re: jack points

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(extremsprt86)</div><div class='quotemain'>what i really need is a jack point on the front of the car so that i can get jackstands on both sides of the car at once. Â*i need this in order to prevent extreme angles n such that occur when i jack from one side at a time. Â* and with the car being lower it would make a lot less work getting the jack under the front sumwhere. Â*so is there a safe spot to lift from in the front. Â*i have '02 es i4 if that makes a diffrence.</div> Yea, you have one. It's right in the center of the lower motor support brace. It's a round spot with a jack mate in it. Theres one in the rear too. You just need a floor jack that goes high enough to lift from that point.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

awesome, is the one in the front more towards the radiator or towards the back of the engine?
    -Travis

My Car

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(extremsprt86)</div><div class='quotemain'>awesome, is the one in the front more towards the radiator or towards the back of the engine?</div>

It's towards the front. For me to get a jack under the front of the car like that I have to drive the front wheels up onto pieces of 2x4's. I'm not sure how much you are lowered or how big your jack is, but be prepared with some 2x4's or something.

Dre
    Depending on what you plan to do to your G, what is wrong with using ramps? They are not terribly expensive, and could help out if you need to change your own oil, work on the front end underneath, etc. Of course, I also feel that ramps would be a lot safer than jacks, but it really depends on your situation, and what you intend to do (eg., if you were changing out your tires, you obviously would need jacks).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(extremsprt86)</div><div class='quotemain'>awesome, is the one in the front more towards the radiator or towards the back of the engine?</div>

It's towards the front. For me to get a jack under the front of the car like that I have to drive the front wheels up onto pieces of 2x4's. I'm not sure how much you are lowered or how big your jack is, but be prepared with some 2x4's or something.</div>

Amen to the 2x4s..I have to do the same thing..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(extremsprt86)</div><div class='quotemain'>awesome, is the one in the front more towards the radiator or towards the back of the engine?</div>

It's towards the front. For me to get a jack under the front of the car like that I have to drive the front wheels up onto pieces of 2x4's. I'm not sure how much you are lowered or how big your jack is, but be prepared with some 2x4's or something.</div>

Amen to the 2x4s..I have to do the same thing..</div>

me too.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dre)</div><div class='quotemain'>Depending on what you plan to do to your G, what is wrong with using ramps? Â*They are not terribly expensive, and could help out if you need to change your own oil, work on the front end underneath, etc. Â*Of course, I also feel that ramps would be a lot safer than jacks, but it really depends on your situation, and what you intend to do (eg., if you were changing out your tires, you obviously would need jacks). </div>

yea. ramps are nice but can also be a pain in the ass. my cousin's car is slammed. and getting the car up on ramps, even to just put a jack under it is a pain in the ass. if you were to go up regular ramps, it would causae an extreme" angle and scrap the rear. so to get the car in the air, we had to make some really long ramps out of wood to gradually get the car up in the air.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.