The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: removing door panels

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    TGC Regular

removing door panels

has anyone removed the door panels on their 6g? i can't get the part by the window off. and is it real hard to take the windows out and put them back in?

92mpi
    After removing the screws from the door panels, you must slide/push the panel upwards to remove it. It's kinda tricky. The small triangle cover of the side mirrors must be removed first before you can remove the panel. The small plastic triangle can be removed by carefully prying it off with a flathead screwdriver on one side and remove the screws inside

I've taken my door panels on and put them back on a number of times, both front and rear. There's no magic to it, although you need to use some force to get them off.

Full instructions:
    Remove all screws, the door handle and electric or manual window thingy, and the triangle by the mirror.
    At the bottom of the door panels there are some plastic brackets that go into holes in the door. Bend the door panel outwards to lift it sufficiently to get these brackets out of the holes. Then push the whole door panel upwards. You may even need to hit it in an upwards motion a few times to remove it, but it will come off eventually.

"Assemble in reverse order" as they say...

Jan Kenneth

EDIT: Don't know if the windows are hard to remove or put back in. My cousin is a Mitsu mechanic. I'll try to remember to ask him about it.
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com