The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OMFG HELP ME PLEASE!!!! CAR IS FUBAR

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    xpr626

OMFG HELP ME PLEASE!!!! CAR IS FUBAR

Okay so today I start up my 96 galant. And it starts shacking like hell and making this god awful taping/thunking/weird ass noise. It sounds internal and I am 99 perecnt sur eit is comming from the driver side so it isnt the transmission could it be an engine bearing, what is it help me i need my car to work! Thanks!

open up the hood and try to pinpoint the sound. try to pinpoint it to one particular area. its can be rather hard to say what your problem is without a good description of what the sound is

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    could be a balance shaft belt, or you threw timing off. but like pnoy said, more specific.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

xpr626
    Okay, First off thanks for the quick responses!!! Your help is much appreciated.

Found the source. The main pulley on the engine (the one that connects to the crank shaft) had the secondary belt, the one that connects to the ac compressor was almost completely off center twds the engine block, well then bigger problem is that that pulley was off canter, skewed if you will. And i can push and pull it towards the engine and away. After taking off the plastic I was able to look for closer inspection and it appears that there is a layer of hard rubber between the metal part of the pulley (the one that touches the belts and the one that touches the engine, is cracked and it seems to need to be replaced...is this a common problem and should i put a stock on back on or should i put a unorodox pulley on? Will it cause some sort of idiot light errors or what, and will I have to take the engine out to remove this pulley?

Mindless
    You don't have to take the engine out. Here's what you do.

1. Jack up car and place on jack stands.
    2, Remove drivers side wheel
    3. Remove drivers side wheel well plastic.
    4. Place a floor jack under the oil pan (with a nice solid block of wood on the jack head of course)
    5. Un bolt the drivers side engine mount
    6. Lower the jack a little so you can gain access to the crank pulley (the passenger side engine mount pivots so you don't have to unbolt that one)

As far as the unorthodox racing crank pulley I would def recommend it. I've had mine on for several months and am thoroughly pleased w/ it.

xpr626
    I always have trouble finding a good place to jack up the car and put jack stands under it, where would you recomend?

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'>You don't have to take the engine out. Here's what you do. Â*

1. Jack up car and place on jack stands.
    2, Remove drivers side wheel Â*
    3. Remove drivers side wheel well plastic.
    4. Place a floor jack under the oil pan (with a nice solid block of wood on the jack head of course)
    5. Un bolt the drivers side engine mount Â*
    6. Lower the jack a little so you can gain access to the crank pulley (the passenger side engine mount pivots so you don't have to unbolt that one)

As far as the unorthodox racing crank pulley I would def recommend it. I've had mine on for several months and am thoroughly pleased w/ it.</div>

Ditto on the UR pulleys

when is we gon be free????

white7g
    how much are these pullies