The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G wheel spacers, whats up with them?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

7G wheel spacers, whats up with them?

the only place i've found them is options auto salon
    http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_li...pt=416&last=416
    it says i'll need extended wheel bolts, but then for these other 2 kits it says i doesn't, well, it just says nothing at all. and whats the difference between the mm? one is 5mm, 15mm, then 25mm, is that how much widening i'll get? and will one of these be the only thing i need to order, or do i really need the longer wheel bolts? thanks in ahead.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

here's a picture

for the ones that say you need longer wheels studs, you get the one on the right. its just a spacer. you need longer wheels studs to comensate for the thickness of the spacer.

for the oncs that are included, its the one on the left. you slip the spacer on thru the holes and there are special nuts that bolt the spacer to the hub, kinda like your wheel would. then you put the wheel on them studs that come with the spacer.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>here's a picture

for the ones that say you need longer wheels studs, you get the one on the right. its just a spacer. you need longer wheels studs to comensate for the thickness of the spacer.

for the oncs that are included, its the one on the left. you slip the spacer on thru the holes and there are special nuts that bolt the spacer to the hub, kinda like your wheel would. then you put the wheel on them studs that come with the spacer.</div>

so how safe are these? and where can i get the spacer w/ bolts (pictured on the left)?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

the spacer on the left is called an adaptor sometimes. the good thing with an adaptor also is that you can change your lug pattern. you might want a 5 lug, could be an option. they can get really expensive i've seen them as cheap as 200 for a set of 4 up to 500 for a set of 4. but yea many shops like pep boys and autozone usually don't have them. you can try and special order if in their catalog. but mostly only specialty shops will have them. optauto looks like they have them. you just have to read their generic description and make sure you're getting the right one

as for safety. spacers itself are safe for about half an inch. anything more, i'd really suggest the adaptor.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.