The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hood wont latch

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    91GALANTDRIVER

Hood wont latch

I have a 1991 Galant the hood does make the first lock and stays shut, but it does not click into the second lock and the hood shakes wile I drive.

first thing i'd do is secure the hood down more. or just don't drive it at all. the last thign you'd want to happen is the hood to open while you're driving and smash into your winshield. it has happened so think about that.

then i'd check the hood latch make sure that its not damaged make sure that its working properly and make sure that things are lining up correctly.

i know on my mom's old car, her hood would do the same. you'd have to slam it like 30 times for it to shut. my neighbor, who also has his own body shop, adjusted the latch and from them on, it only took 1 try to close the bad boy.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

92mpi
    check the hood locking mechanism in the body. it sometimes gets loose and moves lower than it is supposed to, that's why the hood hard to secure. try to loosen the bolts and bring it up a little.

incubaby_4G63

same problem...easy solution!

my hood does the same shit... when your done dicking with youre engine slam the fuck out of youre hood... i mean hard... it will knock the latching mechanism back into place... but youre hood still wont be latched... after that simple lean on it untill it latches down.

luxcrusr2000

Re: same problem...easy solution!

Quote Originally Posted by incubaby_4G63
    my hood does the same shit... when your done dicking with youre engine slam the fuck out of youre hood... i mean hard... it will knock the latching mechanism back into place... but youre hood still wont be latched... after that simple lean on it untill it latches down.
    Yeah, right.....beat your hood into submission....that's really smart. *note sarcasm* You're not mad at your Neon for losing another race and taking it out on the GSX, are you?

Back on topic....

Take it to a shop and see if the latch can be adjusted. Also, you might want to check the release lever and make sure it's pushed in all the way before you close the hood. If it feels loose, the hood release cable may be stretched. If that doesn't work, you'll need a new latch or one from the junkyard.

incubaby_4G63
    i got an idea...............

GO FUCK YOURSELF
    dont use shampoo

yeah...fuck you shark

luxcrusr2000
    Quote Originally Posted by incubaby_4G63
    i got an idea...............

GO FUCK YOURSELF
    dont use shampoo

yeah...fuck you shark
    :laughing:

WTF is that supposed to mean? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! Do you realize how much damage he could do to his hood, lights and so on if he followed your suggestion? Slamming the hood down only makes the problem worse. So there. :doubleup:

marktheblake
    Could get rather messy if that thing slams shut and you cant open it again.