The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust questions?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    xSILENTx

Exhaust questions?

I'm running straight pipes from basically the headers to the muffler. I've had my ractive muffler for a year or so and its getting to raspy like somethings loose inside it. Is it beasue i'm just pushin to much pressure through it or could it be busted and i need another one.

mjc1055
    judging by your setup i doubt that your pushing too much through it..i dont even know if thats possible. just go out and get yourself a new one, sounds like you burnt up the internals on your ractive one and will soon start sounding like a honda if you dont watch out

jp bout the hondas i really dont have anything against them...

xSILENTx
    I'm gonna go with a dual tiped magnaflow the chaepest prices i could find were around 100 does anyone know of anyplace i can get one cheaper?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'>judging by your setup i doubt that your pushing too much through it..i dont even know if thats possible. just go out and get yourself a new one, sounds like you burnt up the internals on your ractive one </div>

thats probably exactly what happened. the heat from the exhaust burned up the insulation in the muffler thus making it louder. what you hear rattleing is probably what is left of the insulation

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

resonators are your friend. stick at least one of those in there, more if they'll fit to get a smoother exhaust tone. i only have one in mine where the cat used to be (the cat helps smooth out the tone so if you got rid of yours, you want something to replace it) and my exhaust sounds pretty good (3" mandrel bent turbo back, 1 dynomax ultraflow resonator, 1 dynomax ultraflow 3"in/3"out 6"SS muffler) but i really wish i had more of those resonators installed in there.