The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Witch way to go on an engine replacement

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    91GALANTDRIVER

Witch way to go on an engine replacement

Hello,
    I have a Manual Trans. 1991 Galant 2.0 SOHC. I want to replace the engine With a DOHC. How should I go will any 4g63 engine fit or do I have to have one from that year. I have looked at some JDM engines, I have also heard the EVO III uses the 4g63 would that engine be good for my car? I am going to race this car.

marktheblake

Re: Witch way to go on an engine replacement

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wlr2002)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hello,
    Â* Â* I have a Manual Trans. 1991 Galant 2.0 SOHC. I want to replace the engine With a DOHC. How should I go will any 4g63 engine fit or do I have to have one from that year. I have looked at some JDM engines, I have also heard the EVO III uses the 4g63 would that engine be good for my car? I am going to race this car.</div>

I am pretty sure that any 4g63 engine from a 6G galant will go fine into your car. And also up to EVOIII which is even more powerfull than the 4g63T from the VR4.

The best thing you could do is to buy an entire front cut, that way you have everything complete including gearbox, so you wont miss anything you need. If you are lucky that means you will also get the front bumper that you can use (if from the VR4), and best of all - a front hood latch :-)

It would be a huge mistake to just buy an engine, as sure as eggs, you will be forever searching for bits and pieces everywhere.

There are some other threads in these forums about converting engine types and all the things you need to consider.

92mpi
    Mark is right. But if ever you still want an evo engine, get the ones from evo 1-3. The later models have a different configuration (the engine is rotated 180 degrees) although they have the same engine code (4g63t).

A half-cut would also be nice. It includes the dashboard.

DMS GSR
    All 4G63 from vr4-evo3 will bolt up, when u say race, do u mean just as a track car? if it is ur beta off just buying the engine and then getin aftermarket parts that u need, u might spend a bit more but performance will be much higher.
    If its gona b a road car as well, get a 1/2 cut cause Mark is right parts r not easy to find, trust me i no, 2 months 2 find a evo MAF.
    It all just depends on ur budget