The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AWD Conversion

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    91GALANTDRIVER

AWD Conversion

Hello,
    I have a 1991 Galant 2.0 SOHC Manual Trans. FWD I would like to know if anyone would know what I would have to replace to convert the car from FWD to AWD. I am going to be putting in a DOHC engine. I'm thinking about putting a Engine from a VR4. I know it might be cheaper to just find a VR4 but I like this car and I have already started to do some work on it.

ken inn
    no workee. your car no hava driveshaft tunnel, rear trunk floor WAAAY different. front bumper WAAAY different. wiring harness WAAAY different.

TGC Regular
    if i were you, i would keep the current galant as a winter car and get a vr4 for the rest of the year. so you get a racer and you don't have to lose the work you put into your current galant.

No can do.
    Love,
    Matt

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proud Galant Driver)</div><div class='quotemain'>if i were you, i would keep the current galant as a winter car and get a vr4 for the rest of the year. so you get a racer and you don't have to lose the work you put into your current galant.</div>

That's right

92mpi
    I totally agree!!! Why not have two galants? One stock for city driving and the other for those times when you want to let it all out. You will also have a "spare car" to play around with and experiment on.

J apmetal
    You'd also have a spare car for when one was off the road having work done, AND be able to keep the mileage down on the high-powered beast which would lower your maintenance costs aswell 8)

orangbaligila
    all responses are true I'm looking forward to obtain my third galant, and have my 95 "re-engineered", after I'm done updating my 91,... sounds like fun?!

hii all,... it's been hard to access this site these days, what happened?!

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(orangbaligila)</div><div class='quotemain'>all responses are true I'm looking forward to obtain my third galant, and have my 95 "re-engineered", after I'm done updating my 91,... sounds like fun?! Â*

hii all,... it's been hard to access this site these days, what happened?!</div>

hey welcome back

we've had some techniqual(sp) difficulties. but we're here!

so what is going to be your third galant?

91GALANTDRIVER
    Right now finaces don't permit a second car right now :cry: thanx for the info guys

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(91GALANTDRIVER)</div><div class='quotemain'>Right now finaces don't permit a second car right now Â*:cry: thanx for the info guys</div>

You will spend way more money with engine swap, AWD swap and other mods than if you would just go and buy a VR-4...

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(91GALANTDRIVER)</div><div class='quotemain'>Right now finaces don't permit a second car right now Â*:cry: thanx for the info guys</div>

You will spend way more money with engine swap, AWD swap and other mods than if you would just go and buy a VR-4... </div>

yeah, not to sound rude but if finances don't allow a second car, they won't allow the kinds of swaps your talking about either. not to sound rude.

however, if you hunt around you may be able to get a good deal on a DOHC engine and a manual tranny to go with it. if your lucky you can get a wrecked car with everything you need maybe for a few hundred or so. and if you do all the work yourself it will be pretty good.

maybe you can get lucky and find a wrecked fwd turbo eclipse or talon or something.