The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Intake

Due to someone throwing out my oem intake, my friend owes me a new intake. I don't want to go with cold air, due to that I live in Seattle, and it gets kinda rainy. I'm not sure which one I want to get. Any help would be great.

G-Ride
    Well, I live in seattle too and I use Ingen Race Division CAI. I haven't seen any problems with water getting in. But then again, it really hasn't rained much here lately..

Supernova
    Water hurts it it? o.0 How much would it take to do damage?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>Water hurts it it? o.0 Â*How much would it take to do damage?</div>

1 cup into the combustion chamber

but uhm you might wanna look into the AEm cai. adventon.com has it for 200 dollars approx. and then you can shell out a lil bit more money for a bypass valve and you're worries are gone

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Injen doesn't have a bypass as of yet but there spokes person said that they are due to come out with one next spring.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

You can adapt the AEM by pass valves onto other intake systems. Just make sure you buy the correct diamter BPV. Like that generic CP intake system I have, I can put a 2 3/4" AEM BPV on it.

Senior TGC Member
    Just remember though no guarantees...so far both V6 Eclipses I've seen had problems when the AEM bypass failed with their Injen CAIs.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just remember though no guarantees...so far both V6 Eclipses I've seen had problems when the AEM bypass failed with their Injen CAIs.</div>

that totally doesn't make sense...but hey, if its been proven then im not gonna complain

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

BlueESV6
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just remember though no guarantees...so far both V6 Eclipses I've seen had problems when the AEM bypass failed with their Injen CAIs.</div>

Really?? What happened?

Senior TGC Member
    It still sucked in water past the valve. For some reason the bypass valve didn't work for them, I dunno if it's a fluke or what...I haven't seen a car using Injen with the AEM bypass valve work yet, so I don't know if it's 100% guaranteed to fail or what...just be safe
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>Water hurts it it? o.0 Â*How much would it take to do damage?</div>

1 cup into the combustion chamber

but uhm you might wanna look into the AEm cai. adventon.com has it for 200 dollars approx. and then you can shell out a lil bit more money for a bypass valve and you're worries are gone</div>

Hmmmm, I will have to check into this...

skat6760

Bypass valve for Injen

From the e-mail that I recieved today from injen, they will be coming out with a bypass valve sometime in November.