The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Please Help Updated

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    91GALANTDRIVER

Please Help Updated

Hello
    I have a 1991 with an SOHC and a manual tranny. I want to put in a DOHC. In my research I have found their are alot of 4G63 engines out their can anyone give me a list of car's and year's I can take an engine out of and put into mine. If it comes with a turbo that is fine.

I would also like to know if I put a new exhaust from the exhaust manifold back. will I have to make any changes when I put in the DOHC engine. Is their any thing else that will have to be changed out such as Suspention or Brakes. I all ready have lowering springs and AGX shocks and Struts.

Does anyone know where I can get a engine and a tranny for this car

TGC Regular
    mitsubishi eclipse, eagle talon, plymouth laser, and of course, mitsubishi galant are the ones that come to mind. im not sure exact years. i think eclipse before 94. and galants 89-93 i think. i don't know the years but pretty much all id have to do is see the car and i could tell you if it would work or not. basically just look for the 2.0.

you are going to need to replace your computer too btw. and do you have an auto or manual tranny?

91GALANTDRIVER
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proud Galant Driver)</div><div class='quotemain'>mitsubishi eclipse, eagle talon, plymouth laser, and of course, mitsubishi galant are the ones that come to mind. im not sure exact years. i think eclipse before 94. and galants 89-93 i think. i don't know the years but pretty much all id have to do is see the car and i could tell you if it would work or not. basically just look for the 2.0.

you are going to need to replace your computer too btw. and do you have an auto or manual tranny?</div>

A manual tranny. Thanx for the help

Rasko Da Gama
    SOHC trany has different gear ratios than DOHC tranny - so you'll need DOHC tranny too.

91GALANTDRIVER
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'>SOHC trany has different gear ratios than DOHC tranny - so you'll need DOHC tranny too.</div>
    Now that I did not know thanx

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'>SOHC trany has different gear ratios than DOHC tranny - so you'll need DOHC tranny too.</div>

are you sure? i was under the impression that is only the case with the auto tranny and that manual tranny could go both ways?

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proud Galant Driver)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'>SOHC trany has different gear ratios than DOHC tranny - so you'll need DOHC tranny too.</div>

are you sure? i was under the impression that is only the case with the auto tranny and that manual tranny could go both ways?</div>

SOHC tranny would actually work, but you would have a big power loss regarding to different gear ratios... DoHC tranny has shorter ratios at lower gears for better acceleration and longer ratios in higher gears... for better may speed.

Fuck me if I'm wrong

marktheblake
    Do a search on the web for companies that import front cuts from Japan. Ideally if you can find a JDM Vr4 you will have everything you need.