The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "Inside scoop 2004 Galant GTS"

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Galant_01

"Inside scoop 2004 Galant GTS"

OK at first I did not like the NEW 2004 Galant but after some of these pictures and driving one at my local dealer I was almost sold. Then I picked up the February 2004 issue of Motortrend (page 98 ) and they raved about the new Galant! "The Galant slips some sport into the family sedan category with jaunty styling, Euro-like handling, and the largest engine in the group!" The Galant took 2nd only to the Accord in the family sedan test. It was second overall in quarter mile and 0-60 times and dusted everyone in the slalom by over 2+ miles per hour! It also pulled 2 G's more than any other sedan in the skidpad test. Sounds like a winner to me! I mean it is alot bigger than the 8G inside and out plus it still performs like a champ!

Motor Trends "Our Take"
    Mitsubishi Galant GTS 3.8L
    What's Hot:
    -Progessive styling
    -Euro-sedan handling
    -Torquey V6

What's Not:
    -No Navi or Sat. Radio option
    -Small Trunk
    -Robby the Robot dashboard a bit much

Don't Miss:
    -Audio controls neatly tucked behind the steering wheel

Bottom Line:
    A fast and flavor four-door wearing stand-out attire!

Mitsubishi Galant GTS 3.8L V6
    230 HP @ 5250
    250 FPT @ 4000
    6200 Redline
    4 speed Auto with Autostick shifting

Test Data:
    0-60 mph - 6.8s
    0-100 mph - 19.1s
    1/4 mile - 15.09 @ 90.95
    Braking (60-0 mph) - 130 ft
    600ft Slalom - 63.5 mph
    200ft Skidpad - .82g's

GTS Base Price - $25,697
    GTS as tested - $25,697
    (GTS has all options available.)

BXNYMitsu01
    I'm still not convinced on this new Altima....I mean Ion,,,,,,Oopps.....Galant that Mitsubishi has made. The only thing that gives it any appeal is the 230hp and the clean interior.

Galant_01
    I think it is pretty hot! I mean from the side it looks Audi A6-ish and from the front kind of like the new 2004 Maxima. These are not bad examples to shoot for! But I guess everyone has there own opinion. All I have to say is drive one and you will see! It is tight!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BXNYMitsu01)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm still not convinced on this new Altima....I mean Ion,,,,,,Oopps.....Galant that Mitsubishi has made. Â*The only thing that gives it any appeal is the 230hp and the clean interior.</div>

All though it has 230bhp...it carries a lot more torque then any other car in its class (Mazda 6, Accord, Altima, Camry, etc) which in the end is what matters most....anyway, the new Galant may not have the design destinction as other models and looks to more have copied then anything else.....the New 04 Galant is completely different especially with more headroom and those struts for the trunk which allow you a MAXIMUM use of the trunk space...I only ask you test drive one before you compare....

chauGTZ
    yeah i agree i was checking one out at the dealer...black gts with blk leater anf the blue dash lights...i fell in love. i still love the 8g tho

its too bad that the pictures above are not the GTS. It has the GTS headlights, but the tail-lights belong to the DE, ES, & LS V6...the GTS tails are completely different in design and use...just stop by a dealership...and you can see...

Galant_01
    Been to the dealer ... Read the top.

Here is what the GTS's rear looks like.