The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dyno Number NX wet 75 shot....dyno graphs added...

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    b-boy_sky

Dyno Number NX wet 75 shot....dyno graphs added...

2001 ES I4 Cali spec
    - Injen cold air intake
    - RPW headers
    - RPW HFC
    - 2.5" cat back exhuast
    - RPW rising rate fuel pressure regulator
    - Magnecore wires
    - NX 75 wet shot

HP - 177 at the wheels
    TQ - 224 at the wheels
    Bottle pressure - 1000 psi

1320 - 16.0 at 91 MPH

The torque numbers are awesome but I wish the HP numbers were a little higher. When I tuned my AFC I had to reset the ECU because I through a code from hooking up a wrong wire so the car was running really lean after the reset. I'm taking it back in about 2 weeks to get it fine tuned and I'll let you know what the real numbers are. If you are planning on running a 75 wet shot you don't need to upgrade you fuel system except for a FPR (if even that). I had the stock fuel pump tested and it was giving enough fuel for this amount of nitrous (same with the injectors). When I ran it at the track I couldn't hook up in first gear.....too much wheel spin even though I hit the spray around 5500 rpm instead of between 3500 - 4000. With 224 pounds of torque traction was a bitch.

Those are the numbers for now so any question or comments.....

Here are two pics of my car on the dyno. One shows the HP and the other is Trq. The blue line is with the 75 shot and the red is stock.....enjoy....

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    hmm, very impressive. i felt the same way you do after reading the hp/torque output, too much torque compared to the HP, but you gotta take whatever you can get it. try spraying in second gear next time rather than first, i've never sprayed in first gear due to the too much power output with no movement, same thing you experienced.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

16.0 @ 91 mph...gotta love it. lol. can you say "traction loss?"

That's cool though, my buddy in his WRX ran a 15.4 @ 115 mph because he got a cell phone call right when he launched, and was expecting a very important call, so he just let off the gas and tried to grab for it...said fuck it and raced.

b-boy_sky
    Yeah traction was a SOB. Before I got the bottle heater I took the car out with around 700 psi and traction was still a problem(16.2 at 90 MPH). I think your buddy had less traction than I do. My buddy has a civic (B20 v-tech conversion) and he ran a 15.4 at around 89 MPH.....Time for some better tires.....

sethmo
    Traction tips:
    -prothane motor mounts
    -Front upper strut bar
    -Front lower tie bar
    -Meaty tires or slicks
    -Better suspension setup(soft damper up front, stiff in the rear)
    -LSD will fix most of your traction loss problems
    -Practice driving, Ive seen guys take off whole seconds on their 1/4 by just switching drivers

I just saw a 1g turbo FWD eclilpse do a 9 second pass w/o NOS. He was fighting for traction all the way down the track. He had wheelie bars though, which defnitely helped keep the front wheels planted...

If you wanted to see the vid, I uploaded it. Let it be inspiration to you
    ClickHere

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Traction problems LOL. Wait til I put in my Hybrid DOHC EVO/4G64 motor w/ 100 shot of juice. Then we can talk about traction problems. Im lookin at about 500whp, then we can talk traction, im gonna go and buy stock in BF goodrich.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

b-boy_sky
    I think thats a good idea. To get the full potential you are definatly gonna need a good set of slicks and some type of LSD......dare I say - AWD USDM Galant??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(b-boy_sky)</div><div class='quotemain'> AWD USDM Galant??</div>

its highly unlikely! Although I know two guys that want to do it, well 3

LSD would definitly kill any traction issues you had!

Seth: Wouldnt polyurathene mounts add to the traction loss?? they stop the motor from moving thus sending more power to the wheels. Am I thinking of something else or what?

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>Seth: Â*Wouldnt polyurathene mounts add to the traction loss?? Â*they stop the motor from moving thus sending more power to the wheels. Â*Am I thinking of something else or what?</div>

But that's a good thing. By reducing wheel hop and sending more power to the wheels faster you can take advantage of it...if you have the right tires as you implied.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(b-boy_sky)</div><div class='quotemain'> AWD USDM Galant??</div>

LSD would definitly kill any traction issues you had!

</div>

LSD works wonders. i have it on my altima. at least thats what i have been told. i can launch over 3k without the tires slipping and im fwd. but maybe all altimas can do that and i dont really have lsd. so either i have lsd and its amazing what you can do with it or i dont and its common to be able to launch that high.