The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: **WHATS GOING ON WITH MY PAINT JOB**

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    SexyGalant2000

**WHATS GOING ON WITH MY PAINT JOB**

I dunno if this happens to n-e-one else, but if it does, can u tell me what it is...
    When it is very cold out, or water gets on it, my door handles and my side mirors turn like this weird ass color. I have the Patriot Pearl Red, and when it changes color, it like turns pink with the water marks white. WEIRD!!! i have no idea what is, and i was going to bring to Mitsubishi to see what they said. It doesnt happen on the spoiler though...
    Does this happen to N-e-one else, and how did u fix it?

SexyGalant2000
    :?:

HOLY SHIT!!!!!! :shock: I thought I was the only one with that problem!! I have a Patriot Red Galant as well (2002) and I first noticed it like in October and November. Sometimes it looks real fucked up and other times it's not so bad. But somethings definetly wrong. I was going to take it to the dealer as well cause I know it can't be anything that I use to clean it. Please let me know if you go and tell me what you find out. Sorry i do not have any solutions for you.
    "No matter what you do, look good doing it!"

Rare Elementz "What makes you stand out?"

Experienced TGC Member
    craziness up in here

I have the same prob. except mine car is silver. noticed mine around august; but never said anything about it, I've been told that its like just mitsu's paint job on our cars. idk though

i'm takin it to this guy i know in the next town and he's going to repaint them for me.

its weird though
    -Chris

Anyone know Mitsu's policy on paint jobs?? I've checked the owners manual and it doesn't say sqwat!
    "No matter what you do, look good doing it!"

Rare Elementz "What makes you stand out?"

The reason you guys are having this problem is because the mirrors and door handles are made of plastic and not metal. The paint isn't very good in these areas. If you haven't already, the 2002's will need a paintjob around the trunk trim area. This is also plastic. I highly doubt Mitsu will pay for a new paint job but it's worth a shot. That's what you guys are gonna need. Sand it down, prime coat it and paint it over with good paint and then have it clear coated. Try and keep it outta the sun too, cuz the red isn't good in there. I have a Patriot Red as well, haven't had that problem yet but I've seen it before so I know thats the problem.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    i also have white spots on my door handles, if you get your car detailed with some compound they will dissapear until the next winter.

try the dealer. 8g galants owners have been having problems with spotting for quite a while now. same with the 3g eclipse owners and the lancer owners. so the dealer might do somethign about it, especially if your car is still newish. i mea in you have an 03 or 02 you have a higher chance of getting it fixed than a person with like a 99

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

SexyGalant2000
    Cool so its not only me!!. I brought it to the dealership and the smucks there said there was nothing "they" could do because all my warantees were up, and it does say, not in the owner manual, but otha paper work the car comes with if u bought it new, says that n-e-kinda paint shit wrong with the car is not covered by the warantees. I am going to write a letter to Mitsubishi and really start complaining, because not only is it ugly, its embarrassin. If i can get enough people to bitch about this problem ill put u in the letter and c what we can do from there.

Gilhuly
    This was a huge thread on one of the previously crashed versions of this site. The solution that was described was to hit those spots with a hair dryer or a heat gun (careful!). Supposedly that fixed it. I have this and have never done anything about it. Maybe I'll test this out. It definitely has to do with moisture, though.

U sure it says no paint warranty? Shii i had to get my whole car repainted. And when looking for a new car at the Mitsubishi dealership I told them about it, and they asked how old the car was,its a 94, And they said i was assed out cuz they cover it untill 10 years. So sexygalant2002 you might wanna try the smithtown mitsubishi dealership (/mazda) maybe they'll do something about it. Although i believe for newer cars its a 7 year warranty
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

SexyGalant2000
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>U sure it says no paint warranty? Shii i had to get my whole car repainted. And when looking for a new car at the Mitsubishi dealership I told them about it, and they asked how old the car was,its a 94, And they said i was assed out cuz they cover it untill 10 years. So sexygalant2002 you might wanna try the smithtown mitsubishi dealership (/mazda) maybe they'll do something about it. Although i believe for newer cars its a 7 year warranty</div>

Hey hun, yea thats where i orginally bought the car. Before it was Mazda. R they under new ownership, maybe ill go back. Because the guy i dealt with was a real smuck about it.
    I go to Oakdale Mitsubishi now on Sunrise Highway, and they said the same thing, that since it wasnt unda warantee n-e-more, it was basically my problem. So thats why i was going to write a letta to Mitsubishi Motors Inc. But maybe i will try that blow drier/heat gun thing and see what happens. Its weird because now that it is like in the teens here, it hasnt done it, so i dunno what the hell is going on with it!!!!

JSTATL

exception to the rules

MITSUBISHI PAID FOR MY MIRRORS AND DOOR HANDLES to be repainted. Just go to the dealership and pitch a bitch they will paint them. I was told that they already know that there is a problem with the paint on the patriot red galants.

I got a 2000 and I've got paint coming off my roof now. Its ugly as shit :oops: too. I do remember the salesman telling me that there is some type of warranty on the clear coat, but I dont know how long its for though.
    I'll try to find out. We should all have it, shouldn't we?

damn! I have the same problem. Thought I was the only one. I'm gonna have my G repainted this year anyway, so I'll just deal with it until then.