The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is there spacer, from 4x114,3 to 5x112 ? On Galant..

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Is there spacer, from 4x114,3 to 5x112 ? On Galant..

I got some wheels, that i would look cool on my car. I don't know if anyone know how they look, but its Penta wheels.
    The thing is, that they are 5x112, but my car got 4x114,3. Is there anyone that know about spacers or something that can work for me ?!
    1992. Galant Glsi E33A

Re: Is there spacer, from 4x114,3 to 5x112 ? On Galant..

Quote Originally Posted by kjeag
    I got some wheels, that i would look cool on my car. I don't know if anyone know how they look, but its Penta wheels.
    The thing is, that they are 5x112, but my car got 4x114,3. Is there anyone that know about spacers or something that can work for me ?!
    5X112 means there are five holes in the wheel, which you may or may not know. Your car has four holes, which I'm SURE you know.
    Spacers that allow you to use 5-bolt wheels on a 4-bolt car, to my knowledge, do not exist. They certainly don't exist for Galant applications.
    What you should do is ask around at places that sell wheels, and have them find out whether these specific wheels are available in a 4-bolt model. Otherwise, there is a kazillion different wheels that look hot on a G.

TSW Pace, for instance. 8)

- Jan Kenneth
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

yea, spacers can't change the lug pattern for your car. tehy do make wheel adaptors that allow you to change your lug pattern. but you gotta be careful. many of them can be dangerous to use and shouldn't even be sold. but there are some quality ones. h&r is one of those companies that make adaptors. but yea good luck finding one with a 5x112 pattern, most that you would find would change to a 5x100 or 5x114.3 pattern for a 5 lug

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Okey... I'll just find another wheels... but it would have been nice to get them on my car !
    Anyway, it was just a thougt.....
    1992. Galant Glsi E33A

Hmm... i know there is such adapter like that, from 4, to 5 bolt... i got a copy from a page of a golf magezine, from a friend !
    There it was a dude that desperatly wanted 5 bolt wheels to fit on a golf mk2. There was a adapter from h&r...
    My friend allso told me, that, there is spacers that there is adjustable dimensjon on..

So, if anyone got some information, that can help me.. Bring it on !

pro_sniper: don't tell me something that i allready know
    1992. Galant Glsi E33A

Rasko Da Gama
    Kjeag, if you really want 5-bolt wheels, you can do complete swap to 5-lug wheel component or whatever it is called... From 2G Eclipse for exapmple... They say it's not a hard swap to do... Many GVR-4 owners did it due to have bigger choice whenn getting wheels for their rides...
    It0s much, much safer regarding to adaptors...

Rasko:
    Okey, perhaps that is a better thing to do...

But how much do i have to put in to this swapping, then ?! Anyone that can tell ?
    1992. Galant Glsi E33A

Rasko Da Gama
    Hmm I don't know how much, but go to some junkyard and ask if the have any 1G or 2G Eclipse there. You could get whole 5-lug pattern with disks and brake calipers. I don't thin it will be expensive.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    wheel adapters run like $40 a piece for the cheapest ones, and i've seen them as high as $100 a piece, plus you also have to get special thin lugnuts for the adapters, but those are adapters, not just spacers, with spacers its recomended to get extended bolts so the lugnuts have something to grab onto.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd