The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is this the end? Serious problems...

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Slammed90Galant

Is this the end? Serious problems...

I just recently went out this morning to start my car and it wouldn't start... it would turn over and sound like it wanted to fire but it wouldn't. Later on in the day i got it started and I have never heard so much noise come out of an engine as I heard when it started up... It sounded like the entire top end, and maybe the bottom end, was clatterting and ticking :cry: . I noticed that the night before this happened that the car was making the classic "deisel" noise when the throttle hit a certain position. So here's the situation, it's about -10 degrees here in lovely Upstate NY, I have about less than 1/8 of a tank of gas. I figure that there is a some water in the fuel system so i grab some dry gas and dump it in with about 5 or 6 gallons of gas. I drove it for a little while, went home, and that's where the trouble begins... I am going to attempt to warm the car up by putting it in the garage and see if there was an ice block in the fuel system because the thing wouldn't rev over 2500 rpm, it was like a rev limiter... and it sounded like a diesel truck, from the lifter or whatever noise, and it was dropping spark left and right. I could feel it holding back, I'm really flippin' out now because the thing was running at near perfection just 2 days earlier... I just got a GVR-4 the other day, but it needs a powersteering line, so that's outta the question til i get the line. I gotta sell the galant that seems about ready to explode :explode: , but it ain't gonna sell if it's running like a bag of assholes and sounds like a diesel. Has anyone had this problem besides me :?: !?

ramell86
    I live in PA, so it is almost as cold as you guys up there, and i have noticed that my car seems louder than usual and revs high. Nothing near as bad as yours, but i suspect the cold probably has something to do with it for your car. I would try leaving it in the garage if you haven't already for some time and then see what happens. Good luck with it though

Slammed90Galant
    Yeah, that's what I have been doing for the past few days. I think it's almost thawed out now... once again, I HATE WINTER!!!!!