The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Saw a 9g at the auto show yesterday

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Saw a 9g at the auto show yesterday

And no, they don't look any better in person. Actually, it just looks worse. The interior is nice, but the rest of the car...nuh-uh.

Oh, and I spent half my time at the show teaching the guy showing the EVO 8 about his car

mjc1055
    That's sad... how old was the guy? It kinda sucks that people who buy import enthuisast cars just do it because they have a lot of money, not because they love that particular car, but at the same time, there was a time when I knew absolutely nothing... I dunno. I guess everybody's gotta start somewhere

BXNYMitsu01

Re: Saw a 9g at the auto show yesterday

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Oh, and I spent half my time at the show teaching the guy showing the EVO 8 about his car </div>

Man that is funny.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'>That's sad... how old was the guy?</div>
    like 20-something. And he wasn't just the guy buying the car. He was someone HIRED by mitsu to tell people about this car and find someone to buy it, and to be able to convince people that it was better than an Sti or 03 cobra or whatever. He didn't do a very good job if a 17-year old kid knew a hell of a lot more about his car than he did...

Him: Do you know the bore and stroke? (as he looks through his little manual on the car) I guess if bore and stroke mean anything to you...
    Me: Well let's see...it's a 4g63, so 2.0L, so i'd guess somewhere around 3.5" bore, and around the same stroke? (Wasn't really familiar with this bit of info, lol)
    Him: Damn, that's close. You're pretty good. Now what's this "4g63" you keep talking about?

My mouth just kinda dropped. Maybe mitsubishi should hire me, lol.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'>That's sad... how old was the guy?</div>

Him: Damn, that's close. You're pretty good. Now what's this "4g63" you keep talking about?

</div>

LOL that is just too funny