The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What kind of spark plugs and wires do you use?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 41
    clone2020

What kind of spark plugs and wires do you use?

What kind of spark plugs and wires do you guys use?

I just ordered some JDM TypeR 10mm Triple Cores and some NGK Iridiums for my I4.

I have an extra set of these plugs and wires if anyone wants them...

-MIKE.

NGK Platinums and Magnecor Race wires
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Iv'e got Magnecor wires, but since the V6 Galant uses platinum plugs from the factory, I just use the same ones when it's time to replace them. They are actually just as good as any other platinum plugs.

Same as DANJ.

-Mohammad

NGK's ARE the factory plugs guys...
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    NGK's ARE the factory plugs guys...
    Really?? I didn't know that. I always wondered though. What about NGK iridiums, anyone have those? Would anyone recommend? I'm about to purchase some in few days for my tune up. I've heard mixed reviews regarding the plugs.

Hey guys I have been getting a funny idle lately do you think it has anything to do with my spark plugs or wires?????? the car has 47000 miles on it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky
    Hey guys I have been getting a funny idle lately do you think it has anything to do with my spark plugs or wires?????? the car has 47000 miles on it right now.
    it could be. can u describe your idle? but then it could be other things like a dirty throttle body.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

clone2020
    Check out this article.
    http://www.applink.net/cct/tips/plugwires.html

I know you're not supposed to use platinum plugs in the I4 or with nitrous systems....buy why? Is it because the platinums have more resistance then the regular plugs?

Are iridiums the way to go?

Also, for those of you who use non-platinum NGKs. Do you use the regular electrode type plugs or the "v" cut that reduces "Quenching" ???

---- (regular) ---------- (v-cut) ----
    ----

I have NGK Iridiums and Magnecor wires on my I4 for more than a year now. Didn't have any problems with it whatsoever (knock on wood).
    <a href="http://jayd.net" target="_blank">Ride With Me Home</a>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marky)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey guys I have been getting a funny idle lately do you think it has anything to do with my spark plugs or wires?????? the car has 47000 miles on it right now.</div>

it could be. can u describe your idle? but then it could be other things like a dirty throttle body.</div>

Ok lets just say if it keeps getting worse its going to be sounding like a truck.

NGK w/ Nology wires.
    Love,
    Matt

I-4 running Magnacor wores and Bosch platinums...runs great, but then again haven't tried any other plugs.
    "No matter what you do, look good doing it!"

Rare Elementz "What makes you stand out?"

DrAmACiDaL4G64
    NGK Platinums are whats supposed to be in our cars and they're supposed to be changed 60,000 mi, but change em after 30,000... I wanted to try iridums because I read up on it and they're supposed to be a better quality than platinums but haven't has the guts to try it out... read the back of our galant manual and they give u 3 types of plugs to but in our cars one of them being NGK and they're platinums if u look em up... id say stick with them. I wanna get some magnecor 8.5 wires so i can worry less about ignition problems in the winter... TO MaTT I've seen those nology plug wires in SuperStreet before... Is ur car really running smoother with those wires or am I wasting my time getting them? To the guy thats having idle problems... defainetly get a tuneup with NGK PLATINUMS.

cooldog45
    I used the NGK Platinums on my 01 I4 and it kept on misfiring so I went back to standard NGK and now everything is fine. I also got the magnacore wires.

clone2020
    Mitsubishi and NGK say NOT to use Platinum Plugs in the 8G I4 Galant.

-MIKE.

DrAmACiDaL4G64
    I dont know what to say about that. All I know is I've asked a couple shops like pepboys autozone about tuneups on our cars and each time they've looked it up they tell me our cars got platinums in it and not to worry about them until 60,000 miles. Plus my ride wouldnt start one day a couple weeks ago my dealer had it towed to a place and they told me it had the wrong plugs in it and that they were supposed to be platinums. (Dumbasses shoulda done that before I bought the car, but thats besides the point) They put the NGK PLATINUMS in and its driven a lot better than before. So its either ur wrong or they're all wrong. Really I dont care as long as my car runs like it should. I'll just go to mitsubishi for a tuneup and not worry about a damn thing when the time comes or back to the dealer when my car doesn't start again and give pepboys, autozone, and my dealers mechanics a big PLATINUM-SMACK across their heads.

clone2020
    You should pull the plugs and see what they put in it. Get the Part #.

My car's an I4 like yours. Why does my car start & run with regular NGKs in it then?

-MIKE.

DrAmACiDaL4G64
    I looked it up today on NGKs website and they make a bunch of plugs for the 4g64...
    Standard BKR5ES-11
    V-Power BKR5E-11
    G-Power Platinum BKR5EGP
    Laser Platinum PFR5J-11
    OE Laser Iridium IFR5E11
    Iridium IX BKREIX-11

Matched it up with the the manual and I guess u were right. And a bunch of people are getting smacked V-POWER NGKs are what comes on our rides. Also its the 6G72 Galants that come with Laser Platinums (PFR6G-11)... not even the same platinums as ours... (so if these idiots who worked on my car back-referenced to the 6-Cylinder Galants my car is turning into a piece of crap... not good
    so sooner than later im going somewhere to have a tuneup with the plugs that came in our rides so i have no problems... Check out The V-Power Plugs...
    V POWER NGK PLUGS

clone2020
    Yeah, I had the "v-cut" NGKs in my I4 but now I use IRIDIUMs : )

-MIKE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast