The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem with braking!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Problem with braking!

Ok I have a 2002 ES I4. Now my questions is like maybe 2 weeks ago i started gettin some sqeakin from my brakes, so i replaced the pads with Albany pads from my local Autozone. But since i changed them it seem like i get more squeakin and when i stop real fast it even seems like im gettin some grindin feelin. This is very annoying and doesnt look or sound good for our G reputation. Please let me know what i should do. I have 41,000 miles on it if that may help diagnoise me. I was thinkin maybe i need rotors but dont know so I am coming to TGC for help. Thanks in advance. And I know the pads were installed correctly not that you can really mess up doin it but any help is apprecaited.

regular albany brake pads aren't really nice brake pads. i have them also. they stop the car, i'll give the guys at albany props for that. but yea, their dusty, they are noisy and the list goes on. but yea the squeeking sound is from all the dust the albany brake pads put out. a can of brake cleaner will remove the dust but the squeeking will come back in like less than a week with normal driving.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

What do you recommend then for a good brake setup - be it rotors and or pads. Thanks

rotors, many companies out there sell brembo blanks that they machine to put slots and cross drilling, dimples etc. thats a really popular choice here on the board.

pads, the oem pads are pretty good. better than the albany pads at least. but look to companies like axxis/metal master adn ebc to name a few. they make good pads for our cars.

O and by the way are the rotors that are sold on ptuning for like 93.00 a good choice?

the powerslot rotors?? those are good rotors. kinda pricey but good. uhm places like race concepts are selling those machined brembo blanks a pair for the price of one of those power slots so it might be another option you wanna look at.

santhelmo
    Yo Pinoy, do you mind putting up the url for race concepts. I was reading your post and you mentioned blank brembo rotors. Appreciate it very much...

J
    Evolution guys swear by Hawk HPS brake pads and Carbotech Pads

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp...t=perf&x=68&y=8

Quote Originally Posted by santhelmo
    Yo Pinoy, do you mind putting up the url for race concepts. I was reading your post and you mentioned blank brembo rotors. Appreciate it very much...
    http://www.raceconcepts.net

Contact Wood at (714) 547-3581

just mention that you are from tgc.

I use to have some of these problems you guys are talking about. after upgradeing to some Brambo cross drilled roters and some Axis Ceramic Pads from race concept.... problem solved and dammm do my brakes hold good now.

One other thing I dont know if the guy who hooked them up was bull shitting me or what but he told me there are 2 ways to hook them up, One way you get soft brakes and there is another way which he said is better where you get rash brakes I thinking is has something to do with turning or swithching the roters or something like that.

Any one ever heard of this????

Yo Pinoy I went to the site and it doesnt list any rotors for my 2002 es anymore suggestions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yo Pinoy I went to the site and it doesnt list any rotors for my 2002 es anymore suggestions</div>

shoot them an email. or call them. it might not be listed in the catalog but they do have them. other members here who have 02's have ordered from them