The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Battery/Alternator Or What?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Battery/Alternator Or What?

I have a 2500watt system in my car and i have a cheap little wal-mart battery running it because my optima blue top battery died because the alternator failed. The alternator has been replaced but i am still on the wal-mart battery. The problem is when i am riding around playing the music the digital reading on my cap. falls below 10volts and then my
    (4)subs starts sound crappy because of the voltage drop......but before i start the car the voltage reading on the cap is at 13volts but when i test the battery by itself its at 11.6.....i don't under stand what is going on could it be the battery or the alternator or something else please help.

your system is draining too much power from the battery. plus the mitsubishis' shitty alternator is too slow to recharge the battery. I have the same issues and the only things I have on my car is a cheap cd player and aftermarket fog lamps. :x

redboy
    ya ure either gonna have to make your car have two batteries, or get the biggest altenator, like the 130a or 140a big boy i think they sell for us, i think the stok one is like a 85 or 90 amp altenator. aint that hard, just a little thinkin on which way to go and how to du it......oh how many caps du u have, i hope not just one.......