The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post-SDS Install - Popped my first OBD Code Today

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    BlankMan

Post-SDS Install - Popped my first OBD Code Today

This morning on the way to work my SES light blares in my vision. It's the first time it's lit since I've been running the SDS and I reactively slowed down on the highway thinking something realy bad happened. But after a few miles of driving, I found there were no abnormal noises, hesitation, surges, smells or anything so back up to cruising speed I go.

I hooked up my laptop over lunch and found the code P0108 (Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input). Given that I'm still in the "learn time" for my ECU and black box, this is almost to be expected - but I don;t recall if this was a code RIPP said might trip withing the first 1,000 miles.

I reset the code and datalogged 15+ miles of mixed hwy and city driving over lunch just to make sure nothing was out of wack. The initial readings were a little off - primarily b/c I'm not used to reviewing the warm-up nmbers when it's -2F outside - but everything seems to check out fine so I'll keep an eye on the numbers of the next few days but don;t expect any major issues.

J

leadfoot
    damn had my woried for a minute there

Never Popped that one, I usually got fuel trim bank 1 and bank 2
    Love,
    Matt

BlankMan
    As a late follow-up, I've acutally popped that code like 3 times now over 200 or so miles and a couple weeks. Not sure what it is - it's too damn cold to go out and do any in depth work on the car just yet. Service manual says it could be the MAP (i.e. resistor) in the intake - and I'm wondering if running the new tubing from valve cover to filter side of the intake (part of the SDS install) isn't throwing oil across the MAP causing the malfunc.... Hmmmm....

At any rate, I'm finally going to get dyno'd and fine-tuned this week - yah! I think we'll take a look at things then and see what the deal is. Luckily I have a spare MAP sensor.... LOL

J