The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: chamber kit

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

chamber kit

im planning to drop my 99 galant i have 17'' rims and i was wondering when i lower it do i have to get a chamber kit for it.

for those of you that have lowered ur g rides did u have to do anything else after the drop ?

i think ur talking about a camber correction kit. called a camber kit for short. its used to allow adjustment of the camber, beyond the factory range.

its really hard to tell for sure if you're gonna need one. but they say taht the lower you drop your car, the higher the chances that you'll need one.

another thing you might want to look at is soem new shocks. lowering your car will add more stress to your stock shocks, in comparison to the oem springs. so if you have that money lying around you might wanna bite the bullet and get them put on at the same time as the lowering springs

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i installed kyb shocks on the car and im looking for a 1.6 front 2.0 back <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>[/size][size=24]</span>

b-boy_sky
    With that drop amount I wouldn't worry about a camber kit....

You should be fine with regards to front camber, but you may or maynot need a rear camber kit. I have a 1.8" drop in the rear and I neded a camber kit. I've heard of others with the same springs who didn't need a camber kit, so who knows.

b-boy_sky
    Whoa I didn't see that.....why would you want to drop the back more than the front?