The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: NAAWWZZ for the 8th gen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30
    NAWWZZgalant

NAAWWZZ for the 8th gen

I just got my silver 99 Galant and I want some cheap mods to make my ride really fast. I want to get the zex kit of the NOS kit. Price is not an option. is there anyithing that I have to do to the car so the NOS will work??

NO, not for the Zex kit. But if you want to enhance the speed of your galant and really want to get additional HP out of the engine, I would suggest at least getting an intake and exhaust for starters.

Welcome to TGC. I hope you find all the info you need on this site.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

NAWWZZgalant
    why not the zex kit......is there something wrong with it....does the NOS kit add more power......i want to know what kit can add the most power......

NOS = BAD

NAWWZZgalant
    but NAWWZZ will make any engine faster(hint hint)

cdaw2001ES
    I belive Vegas Mat was saying ... there is nothing special you need to do to add the ZEX kit.

NOS when used with some intelligence is not bad at all

NAWWZZgalant
    define intelligently.....what do i need

What it means is that n20 will work with your car as long as you dont abuse it. You can run n20 all you want as long as it is done within reason. Dont be pushing the red switch at every light right off the line. If the car feels funny or sounds funny, back off the gas, dont punch it harder!

I have the ZEX kit squeezing a 100 shot. I check the plugs regularly and keep the fuel filter changed and make sure the injectors are working and not clogged. I would suggest starting with the ZEX 50 shot to get a feel for it and work your way up to a higher shot.

If youre engine is not up to par, when you use the n20, you will have a bad and costly experience. You may want to remember that our transmissions are not the best in the world and over abuse can lead to failure of that component as well.

I havent heard anyone have a good experience pushing the NOS kit, seems our cars perform better with the ZEX system.

Good Luck!

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

NAWWZZgalant
    how does the kit work???...do it just push the button to get the boost.....

ZEX Kit works like this.

Once you install everything by a shop, you will have a red switch at your disposal.

Open the bottle, flip the safety red switch up. When you have the galant floored the zex computer is ready for the nitrous. Now flip up the switch and that releases the nitrous out of the bottle and into the engine.

At this time you should have smoked your competition, flip the red switch down which shuts the nitrous off, lay off the gas, now reach for your hazards, turn them on with pride (since you won) and close the bottle.
    Love,
    Matt

NAWWZZgalant
    how does the kit know when you hit the gas.......

There is a wire that connect to the throttle. When the throttle is open all the way it sends a signal to the computer to start delivering the nitrous.
    Love,
    Matt

NAWWZZgalant
    i see......so you have to arm the kit the just floor it.......sounds kinda dangerous....how does it tap into the throttle.......i plan on installing the kit myself....is it hard?

silvex

hazard lights...

i thought you have to turn ON the hazard lights before starting a race...
    to let the other dude know... heh

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Back again..lol... If u have details questions about ZEX feel free to go ahead and ask me.. my original name was Shane and the only G ride spraying 150-175 shot, so i can help if u have a question...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist)</div><div class='quotemain'>Back again..lol... If u have details questions about ZEX feel free to go ahead and ask me.. my original name was Shane and the only G ride spraying 150-175 shot, so i can help if u have a question...</div>
    Welcome Back Shane. We wondered what happened to you, man. We were just talking recently about who had the fastest G, and your name came up. How's the car? Still smokin in the 1/4? Good to see you back on the board!
    Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist)</div><div class='quotemain'>Back again..lol... If u have details questions about ZEX feel free to go ahead and ask me.. my original name was Shane and the only G ride spraying 150-175 shot, so i can help if u have a question...</div>
    Welcome Back Shane. We wondered what happened to you, man. We were just talking recently about who had the fastest G, and your name came up. How's the car? Still smokin in the 1/4? Good to see you back on the board!
    Chip</div>

Let me tell u it feel good to be back among the best.. my car thats another story, she's a "total loss".. About a couple months back i blew the motor up at the track.. I had the whole block rebuilt from almost scratch to reinforence everything and it just didnt run right... Ran it one time just at the street and it just went out on me... So i junked the everything i had in it.. i found a slightly used 4g64 at the junkyard so im thinking of going N/A. Keep in mind, im still the fast G on here though.. 13.94 wrecation of.515 at 112mph.. that was my listed time i had..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

NAWWZZgalant
    so you were able to get a 13.9 with the ZEX kit.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NAWWZZgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>so you were able to get a 13.9 with the ZEX kit.....</div>

umm he had more than just a "zex kit" think multiple zex kits and the bottom end and electronics to match.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NAWWZZgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>so you were able to get a 13.9 with the ZEX kit.....</div>

It was a lot more than just the kit i was spraying anywhere from 125-175 shot at anytime, because i did not let the throttle decide when to spray i used a custom button that my boyz rigged for me.. not including a lot of electronics, and other things.. if u want parts list of everything i did to it i will get u one..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast