The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hks EVC or Apexi AVC-R II or Greddy PROFEC E-01

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Hks EVC or Apexi AVC-R II or Greddy PROFEC E-01

Im at the point of finally getting a new boost controller and Im leaning towards the Apexi AVC-r II just because it matches perfectly with the Apexi RSM. Not something that has to be so its all up in the air. If anyone has pro's and cons on any of the equipment listed in the subject by all means share your experience!

If you dont have FI car and just read something off a website thats not what Im looking for. I've already spent time reading why I should purchase the devices from each of the prospective websites!

8ggalant
    b im trying to figure out the same thing...i have road in a car with the profec e-01 and its awesome...very user friendly...i dont kno about the other two tho...but a friend of mine in japan has a evc 5...said that shyt is ten times better than the avcr II

none........UNICHIP

ken inn
    i had an avc-r, but i really had no use for anything other than one setting. so, i sold it, and went back to a manual boost controller. takes only a few runs to set it, and it works just as well. if you like gadgets and lights, which i dont. i even have my afc in the glovebox, and i only take it out when i change settings, then back in it goes.

did i say unichip...i meant unichimp
    no seriously i have heard nothing but good things about the AVC

I already have the HKS manual boost controller, I really cant complain with its performance. The only thing I dont like is being set at ONE setting until I pop the hood, it hasnt happened but hey you never know.

p.s its a bi#*$ stayin below boost just to save gas

ken inn
    i have never needed to change the boost setting, EXCEPT when i upgraded. i am about to install my 4th turbo, i have upgraded the intercooler, piping, injectors, mas, exh. each time involved retuning, and now i have a chip. why would you want to run less boost? besides, i dont need anyone to know what i have.

Elwenil
    A friend of mine wanted me to help him put an HKS boost controller on his WRX, upon looking at the instuctions they were in Japanese, and they were for some JDM twin turbo WRX. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. The instructions were unreadable, and the diagrams were for the wrong engine, so I had nothing to go on. We called HKS to ask for the correct instructions and they told us that those were the correct instructions and we would have to translate them. We asked if it was the right part, since it showed a TT WRX in the diagrams, and the guy basically told me not to tell him how to do his job, and hung up. For that reason, I will NEVER buy an HKS product. Just my .02

Aftering hearing from several sources including Ken inn, I think Im going to stick with the hks manual one! Plus the 450 for either one could go towards something else needed for my lil project. The EVC II I have will end up going up on ebay heh got to keep it going lol

apexi is ok, but i'd go with the greddy. It works very nicely in my buddy's WRX, and he has never had problems with it. When you get down to it, either of these BC's are good choices, it's just up to you.

sethmo
    Just get a Greddy Profec B, its a lot cheaper than the E01 and will get teh job done.

If you dont like trying to stay under boost, upgrade to one single larger turbo where the lag is greater.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just get a Greddy Profec B, its a lot cheaper than the E01 and will get teh job done. Â*

If you dont like trying to stay under boost, upgrade to one single larger turbo where the lag is greater. Â*:P</div>
    I was also going to suggest the profec B, but i figured he had narrowed it down to those three, so i didn't. But yeah, the profec B is a great choice.

Seth and scootin, thats funny I went ahead and ordered the profec B earlier lol. I was thinking about the e01 but I dont need to know the fuel pressure, vehicle speed and....some other options. As for HKS I called the tech line and got Ryan sorry azz, man I wish you can reach through the phone on some people! :twisted: This point on not a dime, nor penny will go towards HKS. The hell with Hasegawa, Kitagawa and Sigma! :firedevil:

sethmo
    Good to hear

I am going to order mine here in a few months. Let me know how you like it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>Good to hear

I am going to order mine here in a few months. Â*Let me know how you like it </div>

Got it yesturday installation was under 40min although setup took umm still doing it lol But all in all there has been nothing that made me look at the manual upside down