The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: air filter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 40
    john mars

air filter

Has any 3.8l V6 owners have an intake or K&n filter installed yet? I have an 03 Montero and would like to upgrade my filter.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Do a search dude. :egypt:

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

john mars

filter

tied k&n site, they have for the 3.5l, don't know if it's the same size..Airade doesn't carry. I guess i have to wait ayear then for AEM or INJEN, whoever makes em

Re: filter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john mars)</div><div class='quotemain'>tied k&n site, they have for the 3.5l, don't know if it's the same size..Airade doesn't carry. I guess i have to wait ayear then for AEM or INJEN, whoever makes em</div> measure the size of the end piping, then get some clamps and put an K&N cone filter on the end for now thats better than nothing. and certianly better than stock.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

john mars

filter

thanks for the suggestion wolfman. I'll try that this spring.

or you can measure the stock filter. click here k&n site has a search where you enter in the dimensions of the filter you want and then you can get a part number for the closest matched filter.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

goku_73
    K&N has a filter for the 9g now... i will get the part # later on for you.

Filter

K&N has and air filter out for the 3.8 liter Galant. part # is 33-2285. A drop in filter has minimal gains but is good for a long long time and thus is the reason why I got one. At least untill a dyno proven cold air unit comes out from Injen or somebody. I can get one made from the same Co. who made one for the Mazda 6, but I need 10 people. they also sell a air/fuel mod along with the intake that is a dyno proven 23 W.H.P. If you want a K&N drop in you can try www.tsetruckstuff.com they sell them for $38.35 including shipping.

john mars
    thanks for the info about the filter. regarding CAI, the Montero might have a different angle . The filter is on the l side. I don't know where it is on the Galant,I'm assuming it is on the right side......john

the montero uses the same style MAS as the galant and eclipse does. why don't you get an MAS adaptor and bolt that to the MAS and slap a cone filter onto that.

if you can get your hands on some mandrel bent pipe you can make your own upper intake pipe if you want since it looks like its just a simple 90 degree bent on the stock intake.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

john mars
    I might do the 1st suggestion u made Pnoy..thanks

It's probably a better idea to let a reputable company manufacture a C.A.I. I don't know! Trying to make your own cold air intake can be expensive and a frustrating time consuming process, not to mention possibly reducing power output. You have to consider filter element, pipe lengths, diameter, shape and materials and many dyno sessions to see what gives the most H.P. over most of the rev bandwidth. Short rams are good for the first run but could impede power dependent on how much hot air it swallows. Cold air intakes might not give as much as a first run short ram intake would, but will give you consistent power all day long and to take advantage the computer or air/fuel sensor needs to be tweeked for maximum tune and power output! But hey if it's something you would enjoy doing, and it produces decent figures. You could market it and make a nice profit. Then go for it!

Torque&scoot is right in all sense of "true power" just wait until a major company makes one. If you have the knowhow and alittle creativity you can easily make a short or cold air intake. Just make sure you keep the distance from the throttle body to the MAF the same as well the piping diameter should accomadate for the length to keep the air speed in the pipe roughly the same as stock. Thats the tricky part

been awhile but short ram is actually avail. for the 9g now

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-24780.cfm

TGC Regular
    99 - 05?

that intake fits both the 8g and 9g? also the i4 and v6 motors???
    Your signature is too long.

yeah kinda find that a bit fishy hehehe anyway i'll probably get mine done locally cuz the tax,canadian dollar, shipping and handling will cost a lot.......

but they do have one for the V6 9Gs

how about k&n filter for the 4cyls?

4 cyl. 9Gs only drop in filter is available from K&N which is what i have right now should pay for itself since the car would die first before the filter does(depending on how u take care of it)

Weapon intake

The secret weapon intake is not yet available for the 9gen 3.8 liter V6. I talked to one of the engineers and they mistakenly advertised it as ready. They were unaware of the 3.8 liters fixed air/mass sensor. They are in the process of fabricating and airmass adapter for the hardpipe. without this you would be in for a rough idle and ride. This new intake, when ready, along with a programed air/mass sensor or velocity power sensor, should give the Galant V6 a little kick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast