The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Squeky suspension

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    xSILENTx

Squeky suspension

Just noticed this today but in park when i turn the wheel it sweaks and when i hit bumps on the road the right side makes the same noise?It doesnt sound like metal so i'm hoping maybe its just some bushings.
    My car is dropped 1.8" on stock struts.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Dude im having the same exact problem. I jacked up the front of the car and noticed that the tie rods are bad and have some play in em.

Im gonna fix this a.s.a.p. as soon as i clean out the garage. It'll be an easy thing to do but then i gotta get another wheel alignment right after.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

yea, just changed mine liek a week ago. when i would put my car in reverse to park it, i would hear a "bang" when i would turn the wheel all the way to one side and then bring it back. turned out it was my inner te rod, so i just change all of them, teh inners and outters.

xSILENTx
    My shock is blown and that made to much strain on the lower ball joint so now thats broke.

Experienced TGC Member
    I got the same exact problem on the pass side. Fairly positive its one of my ball joints, however i wont change a damn thing until the wheel stops turning. My temp solution was to poke a hole and fill with more greese, that shutup the squeek.

I also have no boot on that sides axle =D it ripped off and took the greese with it...but she still rolls!
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Shewy12
    I have the exact same squeaking, though ive recently had my ball joints replaced and i cant find the f'ing noise. every little bump causes a damn squeak in the passenger side. what the hell?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    ball joints and tie rods are usually the culprits.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    jack up the front end and remove the tire on the side that squeeks. Start it up and have a friend turn the wheel back and forth while u listen to find exactly what ball joint is squeekin like crazy...
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon