The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: alright i got some questions

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

alright i got some questions

alright i can believe i have been on here for over a year and never even asked about this. Well ok my car is a 95 s and the question i have is, if my car is an S model (which i believe is the base model at that time) why does my car have leather auto everything except mirrors and 6 speakers? does anyone think that i have a higher model than an S?

Mindless
    that's a good question.

did u buy ur car new or used? if new, it could be some dealer added options. or if its used, you can also run the possibility that the previous owner got it added onto the car. but yea, it being an S model doesn't mean it has to have the bare bones...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

we got it in 97 from autonation and it was used but only one owner i think

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

Re: alright i got some questions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laxattack2001)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright i can believe i have been on here for over a year and never even asked about this. Well ok my car is a 95 s and the question i have is, if my car is an S model (which i believe is the base model at that time) why does my car have leather auto everything except mirrors and 6 speakers? does anyone think that i have a higher model than an S?</div>

When I had White -G-host it was a 1995 Galant "S". Yes...the "S" model is labled as the base model but what Pinoy said, you can add dealer options to it. Mine had leather seats, power windows, and power locks....its rare that "S" models came with those options, majority are pure base. Here is a simple breakdown:

"S" model: Plain Joe car, but you can add certain options like power windows, power locks, leather seats, CD player,6 speakers, alloy wheels, etc

"ES" model: Power locks, Power windows, Power mirrors, power antenna were standard, but you can add certain options like sunroof, leather, upgrade stereo, power seats, alloy wheels, etc

"LS" model: Power EVERYTHING, leather, sunroof, top of the line factory stereo system, alloy wheels,.....its all standard

"GS" model (available only in 1994): Pretty much a "LS" model but with rear disk brakes and the notorious DOHC 4g64, and available 5 speed transmission.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    ^ Werd. Is this guy great or what?
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>