The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ideas - Scan of 95 Galant (build date 8/94)

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Ideas - Scan of 95 Galant (build date 8/94)

Hi all:

My problem is that the only place that this car seem to be able to be scanned is at a dealer. I would like to do the scanning myself. Have any one have any idea on how I can get the codes out.

I have tried a a number of ways. No luck.

1) I have the chiltons book - I tied to read codes the way of connecting pins 1 and 4, no luck
    2) I have a scantool but does not work either.
    3) I tried the eclipse cable - no luck.
    4) I tried the mil way - on-off-on-off-on (turning the key after pins 1 and 4 are connected.

I have my check engine light on for the past 2 days and would like to fin a way to read this code.

Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks to all.

Note: This car have 2 connectors ( side by side - 1 connector (adld ) and the second next to it is a 16 pin obd2 type) Some books talk about Chrysler scanner cable other about mitsu special cable.

Experienced TGC Member
    Really?

Meineke was able to read my code when I threw a CEL no problem :?

... or maybe it was Midas... forget.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

sethmo
    Try AutoZone?

Which OBD2 cable and software are you using?

95- galants only have a dummy plug

96+ works

TurboGalant
    Autozone said they could not read my 95 codes. They would not even bother trying, said they did not have the equipment.

Hi:

I have the software from scantools.net (it works fine with a 97 and above.
    I also have a data logger for pc and palm and it works fine with other cars including a 95 eclipse.

I visited autozone (would not do it - no cable for it) visited minekee no luck, my mechanic damaged his cable after working with another car and do not plan to order the cable. One dealer I have to leave the car for 3 days and the other not sure when he can do it (to busy with regular customers I guess).

I am going to start scanning the cables, (Hope that chiltons and the other diagrams from mitsu are correct (hope not to blow the air bags) or damage the computer.

On my '95, I actually had a voltmeter on two of the pins on the connected and counted the pulses to get my codes. Anyone remember which two pins?