The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9G Concept Drawings

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

9G Concept Drawings

What do you all think?

That looks a whole lot more agressive - not much headroom/rear visibility though. Also looks more like the caddie CTS.

if it looked anything like the concept I think alot of us would have considered it. Even if it was heavier than the 8G. From the concept, it looks like the engineers chopped the relative width of the features down, making it look like the ho-hum me-too car mitsu's producing now. BTW, I saw an episode of Car and Driver, they basically said the 9G alienated the previous mitsu owners because mitsu's new demographic for the 9G was 40+ (less credit risk, bigger bank accounts), too bad they missed that boat too..preachin to the choir you know.
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

Quote Originally Posted by jusmills
    if it looked anything like the concept I think alot of us would have considered it. Even if it was heavier than the 8G. From the concept, it looks like the engineers chopped the relative width of the features down, making it look like the ho-hum me-too car mitsu's producing now. BTW, I saw an episode of Car and Driver, they basically said the 9G alienated the previous mitsu owners because mitsu's new demographic for the 9G was 40+ (less credit risk, bigger bank accounts), too bad they missed that boat too..preachin to the choir you know.
    Yes, but how many people on this board have $18-27k to plunk down on a 9G Galant? Probably less than 5%. Mitsubishi made a smart business decision in putting the Galant in the range of the buyers it wants. Afterall remember the Galant wasn't built to suit the enthusiast, let alone tuners. I for one LOVE the 9G, I'll buy one when the time comes to put my 8G on the back burner.

Furthermore, Mitsubishi has the Lancer RalliArt, the Eclipse, and the Lancer Evolution for us 'enthusiasts'. I'm sure if we went to a board for the Camry or Accord people would be (and probably are) saying why doesn't Honda bring the Accord Type-R here? Why doesn't Toyota make a performance Camry? The answer?

People in the 16-26 age bracket generally don't have the money to plunk down, let alone the credit rating. Mitsubishi made a genious move with the 9G, but I guess that just my opinion.

BXNYMitsu01
    Looks like a Dodge Intrepid.

SpecialK
    i saw one today on E. Huron. its ugly imo

Not the best looks for a car like the 9G (in real life)
    I read a lot about the 9G, and it seems that it has had a few positive improvements inside, too bad they flunked the outside.

I think they should have made a totally second new line of Gs for mature audiences. , and keep the 8G !!, Making the 8G galant a better nice looking car!! , Let it come back!!

I heard sales dropped for Mitsubishi since de 9G....I have only seen 2 (two, dos) 9Gs in the street since last year when released.

Maybe making it ugly IS the plan? Since Mitsubishi is owned 37% by DChrisler (whatever is spelled), maybe they want to buy a japanese car company (competition) to just kill it.

2 cents....

I remember when the 8G came out in 1999. I almost NEVER saw one. And in all honesty only in the last 8-10 months have they really starting being abundant. Give it time. Lots of people have learned to be weary of new models, but sooner or later enough buyers will come. Its a sharp ride, and IMO after I test drove a GTS its a much better built car, by a big margin.