The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: black zinc coating on rotors...

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

black zinc coating on rotors...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2480686411&rd=1

It would be sick to have black rotors but im guessing it would wear away and look retarded. Any input?

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    still would look hot escpecially the parts that the pads do not touch

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    man, black plating? i wouldn't trust that. it's getting loads of pressure from a brake pad, nothing can really resist that. would look stupid
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

There is no doubt that the plating would wear off where the pads touch, but everything else would stay pretty much plated and help keep those parts of the rotors from rusting. My DBA cross drilled and slotted rotors were gold zinc plated, but where the pad touches, it's just silver now. The rest of the rotor is still somewhat plated and has not rusted too much. The hubs are still rustless, but other parts are not.

Here are my rotors after installation

And here is a pic where you can see where some of the rotor gets rusty. It's hard to see in that pic, but the hub is not rusted.

The rotora rotors come with a black coating and they have a slight black tint to the face of the rotor too...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Damn i need to redo my brakes so bad you have no idea.. jason i will be hitting you up in a few dayz homie..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.