The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 100 Octane Fuel In The G-Ride

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    DrAmACiDaL4G64

100 Octane Fuel In The G-Ride

Today I went out cuz it was a nice day in the NW burbs of IL went out cruisin in my friends 65 yellow impala... ohhh soooo nice. So the Galant was feelin a lil jealous ya know. Happily ridin down Lake St I noticed a Citgo that had 100 octane gas :shock: I've never really seen that around ever never really cared to look though either before today. $15 to top off the 92 mobil fuel with 4 Gallons of this stuff... Rediculous but im the optimistic type. And im glad i am cuz the G-Ride was . I felt the power pretty strong especially when I came to a stop and off the line. Now my question to the Wise Guys out there is I know this cant possibly be safe to run all the time on a stock motor but what if I were to add a half a tank of this when I have my oil change instead of a normal fuel injector cleaner. Or will it just eat away at my o-rings and make things leak...? And if this 100 octane gas is good all the time for our cars than if I were to add a whole tank maybe once a month and try to fill it up with 92 when it hits halfway point wouldnt it be common sense that there would still be a potent amount of Octane in my tank until the next month...? :twisted: Just a couple of deranged smoked out racey thoughts for today... :twisted: I think I just need to get the G-Ride RIPPED already... too bad im spending all my money on 100 cotane fuel

100 octane fuel won't do a damn thing for you unless you need it. Sorry.

yeah i dont think that a 100 octane will do any good for a stock motor. 8)

maybe its the placebo effect?

have some1 secretly put 100 octane gas in your tank and see if you feel the gains.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

sethmo
    will not do anything, just make you run richer and the ECU will lean it out..

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    The only time i use 100+ octane is for track nights when im on the bottle or boost'd. it just helps combustion, i cant run it all day everyday theres no real point in it, no including it smells like alcohol..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    maybe its the placebo effect?
    There are no phsycial gains with 100 octane gas, but you are correct in assuming a "placebo effect." If someone can convince themselves that the 100 octane gas will make them faster (even though it won't), then they may trick themselves into thinking its faster. It's not a bad or ricer thing, it happens to everybody. (just so you don't think i'm ripping on him)

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Wow 100 octane = not even 1/4% of rocket fuel, just j/k. nope no big difference in power. Its like adding a bottle of octane booster to the tank I think.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

DrAmACiDaL4G64
    it could be all in my head a lil but it seems a lil more ballzy but no gains and no need until im on a track basically huh? aaaahhhhhh i need some SDS... But until then need to find some cheaper ways of gaining performance in the simplest ways... Any suggestions...
    i got a couple of ideas...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrAmACiDaL4G64)</div><div class='quotemain'>it could be all in my head a lil but it seems a lil more ballzy but no gains and no need until im on a track basically huh? aaaahhhhhh i need some SDS...</div>
    You won't need it "at the track" or anywhere like that. You'll need it if you decide to boost or advance your timing to a point where, even after getting it dyno tuned quite nicely, you will still detonate on pump gas. 99.9% of modded cars out there don't need C16 or 100 octane or hell, even 93 octane

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> But until then need to find some cheaper ways of gaining performance in the simplest ways... Any suggestions...
    i got a couple of ideas...</div>
    sell your car and buy an LS1 camaro. Then do lid, exhaust, headers, LS6 springs and an LS1 hotcam, and you're in the mid 12's.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i dont know about a hundred octane, but i felt a big difference between 89 and 93 octane gas. i got way better mileage, and the car pulled a little nicer on the highway. i bought a 5 gallon drum of 113 octane gas for $45, completely emptied my gas tank, put in the 113 octane gas, and i have to say i didn't notice a damn thing. only time i'll ever use octane booster is when i get onto the bottle in a few weeks.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

can't even put 100+ octane in our cars here, have to put it in a separate container or trailer your car up to the pump...
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

using gas that is a level higher than recommended in regards to octane will
    1)cause a loss of milage
    2)cause drivability issues
    3)cause massive engine deposits
    4)piss away money.

never, EVER use a higher octane that the car was designed for. the 4 cylinders were designed for 87, the v6s for premium.
    use that.
    nothing else.

TWISTED II
    yeah, even at the track its a waste of money. the only reason high octane is good, is for boosted cars, because it doesn't burn as easily, so it will be less likely to detonate, which is why its used in boosted cars. stick with premium.

Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED II
    yeah, even at the track its a waste of money. the only reason high octane is good, is for boosted cars, because it doesn't burn as easily, so it will be less likely to detonate, which is why its used in boosted cars. stick with premium.
    Fact right herrr.....
    Pean, how the hell did you dig this topic up from 4 mos. ago?

<--running 26psi on 93 octane

..still think you need 100octane?

btw, 100octane won't harm anything unless it is leaded. leaded gas will kill o2 sensors

TWISTED II
    i never said you needed 100 octane. i have a buddy running a 300ZX at 24 lbs on pump gas. i didn't say you needed it, i said it will only serve a purpose on boosted cars. and also, i didn't say 100 octane would harm anything, i said it would do nothing at all.....

answer wasn't aimed at you, it was for the one asking the question

on a side note, if your tuning is really bad, or if you wanna push extra timing, it does help there. but still, only if you're high compression and high timing, or fi and high timing.